Friday, May 27, 2011

maybe you didn't know

Maybe you didn't know:


One of the very best things about Women's Conference this year is that I got to meet IN PERSON one of my favorite people - Shannon- what a thrill! It was so very exciting for me! Oh I think we would be hanging out on a regular basis if we lived closer. She really cracks me up & honestly reminds me of myself a bit... except she is an amazing decorator/gardener... and I am an sniffling allergy mess in the garden. (it's not pretty)


Yesterday I came home from work- really sad-because our last creative day was canceled due to busy spring schedules & sick kids. I slooooowly walked into the house to find Brett home working - because he wasn't feeling well.

THEN- there on the counter - GOOD MAIL.

I felt loved. Thanks Shannon! You really made my day.Maybe you didn't know:


My sweet Charlie & his parents live in tornado alley. NOt good. Joplin- is only 60 miles from their house... oh those poor people. We have been watching the weather & I've been checking my weather channel app everyday. We/they are so blessed not to have had a tornado in their town... and I hope/pray they won't get one at all.


Maybe you also didn't know or realize:


they are expecting another baby boy...


SOON!


This time, I am extremely ill prepared. I have the fabric, but no baby blanket- aah! I will be working on that right away. I am so thrilled- just absolutely thrilled- to be a GRandma again.



4 comments:

michelle said...

Hooray for meeting Shannon! I loved that, too.

Hooray for good mail! My mom brought some of those caramels – seriously so good.

Hooray for another grandbaby!!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Those caramels look awesome! I love getting mail!

Kim Sue said...

Thanks for checking in with me on the blog. I did post yesterday that in the midst of the destruction, we are doing well. I'm glad your family is well too (yeah for another grandbaby!). Joplin is hours away from us but when a line of storms comes across there is no telling where a cell will pop up. It is hard to grasp the destruction and the number of people that have lost loved ones.

shannon said...

HELLOOOOOOOOO! That's me and YOU in that picture?! Did you ever think that we'd get to fulfill our dream of meeting each other? ahhh...my life is complete! What a great visit that was...I wish we would have had more time to chat...
You're such a catch! XOXOXOXO