Saturday, May 14, 2011

wedding dinner



It's my first time as

"Mother of the Groom"



and I like it! It was so fun & much less stress than you'd think! Still the whole experience has been surreal for me- it doesn't seem possible- yet it does- that Brian could be... married?

Brian's close buddies.

There is almost nothing more important for your kids than good friends. These guys have been incredible for Brian all growing up. He has been friends with them since 7-8th grade & they have had a huge influence on him. Funny- of all these boys- he was the last one to kiss a girl & the first one to marry. I absolutely love these boys. Two of them are engaged & planning summer weddings.We only have a few snapshots from the dinner- so if you are reading this & have some pictures- please email them to me. Of course, we have thousands (I'm not joking) from the wedding day so that's really what matters.

On the menu- Brian & Laura's favorites:

gourmet cheeseburgers, fries, pasta salads, strawberry shortcake!



There was a little program- very little per Brian's request- the siblings gave the bride & groom presents to help them cope. Brian received lots of food- an inside joke about how much Laura eats..
Laura received baby food- an inside joke about how Brian doesn't like to lose at games & acts like a baby. It was cute & a lot of fun.

We had loads of company but hardly took any photos...

okay, okay- mother of the groom was pretty busy- but still fun.

4 comments:

Kim Sue said...

how fun.. I love that their siblings gave them little gifts. That's fun. I've never seen that done.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I love that second to last picture haha. The wedding dinner sounded like so much fun!!!!

michelle said...

Wild. I honestly can't even imagine being the mother of the groom (or bride). I guess it's a good thing I started my diet now - it'll give me a few years!

Funny program and cute photos!

Marie said...

How fun!!