Wednesday, May 25, 2011

what we've been up to

Monday night in honor of our actual anniversary we went out to get frozen yogurt for family night. We told Trent we were going for our anniversary. He replied," How many anniversaries do you guys have?" Yes- in the name of our anniversary we did celebrate a lot. I picked up Hailey from school yesterday & I'm pretty sure Gwyneth Paltrow is delivering mail in the neighborhood down the street from the school! Seriously- I think that's her!?


Today I was a chaperone for Trent as he competed in the math/science Olympiad.


He was teamed up with another 5th grader & competed in Mystery Architecture. I had no idea what was really happening until I got there & heard from another mom (Trent isn't big on communication skills.) The other mom told me that all the kids practiced in the skills for competition during school. Trent did really well in building & was chosen to go...? What? Wow- he didn't place- but dang- I would have had him practice at home if I knew what the heck was going on?


He could have won easily with a tiny bit of coaching.

(My fierce competitive nature is showing... not my best quality.)

He held my hand as we walked through the parking lot. He hugged me when it was over. Gosh, these days won't last much longer.
sigh


1 comment:

michelle said...

I'm totally cracking up about Gwyneth Paltrow being a mail carrier. I guess her career really took a nose dive.

Oh, Trent. How sweet that he holds your hand and gives you hugs - in public! It's been so long since Lucas would do those things, I honestly can't even remember.