Sunday, May 15, 2011

mother's day

Can you believe it?

A week ago today I got to talk to missionary JACK! Oh Happy DaY!

This year for mother's day- most missionaries out of the country got to SKYPE HOME! Talk about excited! It was fantastic to actually SEE missionary Jack.


He looked so good & so happy. He absolutely radiated. He's tan- he's skinny- he has a bit of an accent- it was wonderful to talk to him & see him. He was smiling more than I have ever seen him. Megan said it perfectly - he looked different because "he was looking up, and smiling & had confidence." If you follow this blog- you would know he used to avoid- or look down for pictures- he has gained so much confidence. He knows he is a servant of the Lord & what is better than that?!


Besides the wonderful phone call-

it wasn't my best mother's day... just keeping it real. I had to work, then came home to none of the chores I asked to be done- done... and a house full of company. I was ticked off. I am still bitter... so in other words I am a small person. Again, just keeping it real.


Monday afternoon it got better~ I took the girls & my sister in laws to get pedicures!

It was POURING DOWN RAIN & we nearly killed ourselves getting back to the car in disposable flip flops. But it was so fun.

Can you believe- none of these guys had ever had one before?


It was a perfect way to start off the wedding week.

4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Talking to Jack was so great!
I'm so jealous I missed out on pedicures!

michelle said...

Hooray!! I asked my neighbor today about her call from France and she was excited to be able to Skype as well!

I love that Jack doesn't look down anymore, that he smiles and is confident. I hope that happens to Max, too!!

Mother's Day seems to have so much potential for making us feel small and bitter, doesn't it? A group pedicure was a very good idea.

Marie said...

Happy Mothers Day!!

Kim Sue said...

yeah for skype that is great! and although I had a really good mother's day this year, there have been a couple in the past that left me feeling bitter too.