Sunday, October 31, 2010

a whole lot of Halloween going on

In the last couple of weeks
we've had a lot of Halloween activities going on!
It's been great fun. I love Autumn. It's easily my favorite season.
Here are some of the highlights-
Eating fresh tomato soup on the front porch.

heading off to the last scout camp out before winter sets in.

I made two large batches of pumpkin cupcakes.
One for a friend's wedding shower- one for our congregation's Halloween party.

Brian & Spencer

just before the left for a Halloween party.
scary for sure!
hailey & her date for the harvest dance.
they went as Chimney Sweeps!
so cute
carving jack o lanterns



back home seriously soaking wet... from a rainy Halloween night.

Not too much candy...

Chloe ready to go to a Halloween party too!

What we gave to the many trick or treaters this year.

Tiff & Hailey all decked out.

Trent's set up waiting for the trick or treaters.
He decided handing out the candy was more fun that going out to get it.
and last of all-
Homemade donuts
Instead of making them for the neighborhood- I've started a new tradition.
Just one batch- one- for the family!
It's been a great Halloween season

9 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I'm glad you still made doughnuts this year! I was thinking about those last night.
Trent's little set up is cracking me up! Handing out candy IS serious business :)
Chloe's costume is adorable.

wende said...

i am loving all of your great photos! this is a terrific post. my favorite photo has to be of trent waiting for trick or treaters! love that kid! :)

oh man, i'm lucky enough to remember when you made homemade donuts for the neighborhood! sigh...good times. :)

Beth said...

Great Pictures! It was allot of Halloween this year for us too! Glad it's over.

Jill said...

I love the picture with the soup on the porch! It has been such a gloriously mild Fall that it's been nice to be able to be outside enjoying it.

crystal said...

I haven't stopped by for a while--I can't wait to scroll down & read more and see what baby Charlie is up to!

Your kids' costumes are hilarious. I mean really--chimney sweeps? So original! Brian & Spencer's costumes were so funny.

My favorite part of Halloween is handing out candy, so I'm with Trent.

xo

michelle said...

Trent's really onto something there! I hate walking up and down the stairs every couple of minutes to answer the door. I guess I should just get a good setup going right by the door.

Your donuts look spectacular!

Karrie said...

I'm loving the donuts...how about a second batch for me too?

Janelle said...

I would love the pumpkin cupcakes recipe.
Thanks!!!

Kim Sue said...

I love that you sit on your front porch? I wonder if you live in a neighborhood like me (I think thT I recall other pictures and you do)? I don't have a front porch (wish I did) but the few houses in our neighborhood that do don't seem to take advantage of theirs. .