Tuesday, October 12, 2010

sewing up a storm

Yesterday & today...
I've been sewing up a storm
First up
Tonight I finished a doll quilt to match the baby quilt I took to the quilter a couple of weeks ago. It's for a darling little girl, Lily who is going to be a big sister soon. Hopefully she will love snuggling her baby doll while her mom snuggles her new sister.
I will be posting the full sized quilt as soon as it's ready!

Yesterday I finally....
made this pillow.
I've been thinking about making this pillow for over a month now.

I saw a similar pillow at an upscale store & Loved it.
I thought for sure I could find an old sweat & make my own.
Then I was cleaning out my closet- and found an old yellow sweater.
Ta Dah!
It made a perfect yellow throw pillow to go in my red & yellow living room.
Oh it feels good to get a project done!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad you're sewing, because I know how much you love to do that.

Your quilts are always beautiful, and I really love your sweater pillow!

Beth said...

Oh how I love finished projects :) I love to see what you create, so happy when you post pics on your blog. You are "sew" talented! I love how you have links to all the quilts you are making on the side of your blog... I go back and look over and over again. The yellow sweater pillow is beautiful and super cozy! LOVE IT!!

She Loves To Make said...

I LOVE the yellow pillow!

Brit said...

I love the quilt and I love the idea of making a pillow out of a sweater! It turned out so cute!!

wende said...

the photo doesn't do the sweater pillow enough justice, i can't believe how gorgeous it turned out! i love love love it, especially the color. and i love that i can remember you wearing the sweater too. that means we've been friends for a loooong time. :)

and lily's baby doll with be the envy of all the toys when they spy that gorgeous blanket you made for her. LOVE it. ANd it makes me excited for the REAL baby to be born! woo hoo!

Lindsey said...

i love that idea for a pillow! so cute!

The Taylors said...

you made that pillow out of one of your own sweaters? Is there nothing you can't do. Is there no end to your talent? Really I have no words to express my gratitude for all you do and especially your example and friendship! Luv ya

michelle said...

That pillow is SO cute! Seeing all that you make just makes me feel happy.