Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meeting Bakerella

On the 14th of this month there was No School.
I was thrilled that I didn't have to take my girls out of school to meet her...
the One & Only
We were absolutely delighted when she announced here that she would be coming to Salt Lake City on her book signing tour. I had pre-ordered her book... you know on that day... and YES it is worth it!
It's an amazing book- even if you don't bake- it's worth buying just for the photos.
Here is a copy of the photo of the four of us.
It's the photo of us that she put up on her blog post about Salt Lake City.
I was stunned that she chose our photo to go up- the girls & I have been walking on cloud nine ever since.
We got to Williams Sonoma an hour early.

Ready with our book- we would have bought three... but then- no job = one book.
We picked up our number- #36 then looked around the shop for a bit.

I realized just after we arrived- that my camera card was in the computer at home. Oh my gosh, I nearly had a heart attack. These photos are all taken with my IPhone.

Bakerella - or Angie- her real name, was absolutely delightful.
She was darling & sweet & has a bit of a southern accent. Her mom came with her & she is the one who took that great shot of us all.
I asked her if she has been able to quit her day job. She said- no. I am so thrilled to see such a talented blogger go big, even if she hasn't been able to quit her full time job yet. She is so talented she absolutely deserves the book deal & every bit of recognition she is getting & more.
I found her blog just after I started mine over three years ago & it's a family favorite.
It was an absolute thrill to get see her success- buy her book- meet her in person & have her sign it!
After the book signing we topped off our special day with lunch here at Elizabeth's bakery & tea shop just north of Trolley Square in the big city.
It's a delightful little bakery/tea shop with true English originals.
A friend of mine- who seved a mission in England says it's the real deal.
Authentic as it gets here in Utah.
We had a (top left to right) a bacon cheese puff, cheese & onion pie, cucumber sandwich & blueberry tart.

We sat among these lovely pillows & just as we were being served the owner came over & told the girls they were so lovely that the looked like they belonged in the tea shop!
We finished off lunch with scones, English butter & jam.

It was such a GREAt day.
I still can't believe our picture is on her blog!
Thank you to all of you who left messages here yesterday to tell me about the photo- I was so thrilled to see you recognized us.

9 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I'm so happy you guys got to see bakerella! The picture of the four of you is so great.
That bakery looks like a dream! Next time I visit, I want to go there!

Jill said...

That's just too fun that your picture in on her blog! I hope The Pioneer Woman doesn't get jealous! You and your girls are famous, plus it's a totally fantastic picture!

I have never heard of Elizabeth's Bakery and Teas shop, but it looks like a charming place.

Kristy said...

The pictures on Bakerella are darling of you and your girls!!!

I can't wait to buy the book and try some more of her cupcake pops.

Why haven't you have not shown Elizabeth's to us??? Looks way cute!! :)

wende said...

you guys are gorgeous those photos! i mean, you are in real life too, but those photo really are fun!

and when i saw the first photo of the girls at the tea shop, i was thinking that they really blend with the rest of the place, so i loved that the owner thought so too! :) what a fun place, sounds like a girl's day out just waiting to happen. :)

glad you got to meet bakerella, she is darling for sure!

lauri said...

That is so great that you got to meet Bakerella and I LOVE that your picture got put on her blog!!! That is so awesome! You guys look great and it looks like such a fun day!

Beth said...

Great picture of you and the girls to end up on her blog! "Cute and Colorful"... so perfect, great photo!!

shannon said...

What a great day! The first picture of you guys is my favorite!So cool that that's the one that's on her blog!

That tea shop looks so charming! I love places like that! We have something similar near us and I just get all goosebumpy inside when I think of it...

The pillows are darling!

P.S. Great job on that cute, cute, cute apron for Wende! You've got some serious sewing skills, my friend!

michelle said...

So cool! I love Bakerella, and that photo of the four of you is just adorable. Glad you are still having fun experiences like this even with no job (yet).

Karrie said...

um can I have your autograph?