Wednesday, October 6, 2010

a week in review....

It's been a great week here!
I've wanted to blog every. single. day....
but it just didn't come?
My mind just doesn't want to write-- I don't know whY?
But, I'm working on it anyway because I love this blog.
Lucky, Lucky us!!
Last week- right after school one day- we traveled down to Utah Valley to see the darling Nie Nie speak at BYU. It was amazing! She is gorgeous, wonderful & so very inspiring! We got there more than an hour early & waited for a seat (we were about the 40th people in line.) There were thousands there but we got a seat in the middle- six rows back. It was thrilling. The girls were on pins & needles waiting for her to come out. I was expecting a great speech on Inner Beauty. I was expecting it to be a packed house. I was expecting to love seeing Nie & family. I was not expecting the wonderful feeling in the air. My heart was touched immediately by her spirit. She permeates beauty & love. I was so overwhelmed with emotion, even though I already know her story. It was a remarkable experience & one my girls & I will never forget.
Luckily Brett came with us- he helped so much & picked up some dinner for us while we waited in line. He was surprised that there were not very many men there. Not to worry, he & this guy- bonded right away. That guy was saving a seat for his girlfriend (who came just in time... before a bunch of ladies scratched his eyes out for saving a seat for so long... Inner beauty?)
The Wilkinson Center Ballroom was overflowing with people. I heard someone say it seats 3,000. I don't know.. but there were people trying to sit int he aisles & people standing in the back & up both sides of the room.
Nie was completely taken back with emotion at the turn out!
She talked about the accident &
divine intervention.
She talked about our loving Heavenly Father & that He knows each one of us.
About, loving yourself no matter what size, style, shape you are &
taking care of our bodies. About not taking for granted the everyday joys of life.
A statistic: Only 2% of women describe themselves as "beautiful."
interesting
How much more beautiful would our lives/the world be if we understood our beauty?
None of this would have been possible if it weren't for Marcus & Brittany keeping Mr. Trenton with them at their apartment.
THANKS GUYS! He had a GREAT time!
***
Conference WEekend
this past weekend was General Conference.
One of the best weekends of the year!!
We loved it.
It was so nice to be home & listening to a prophet's voice.
Brian was home, we were all together & it was great.
It was sweet to think of our dear missionary Jack- also watching conference right along with us- in Brazil. I miss him.
today
he has been gone
exactly
6
months
He is doing wonderfully & emailed this week about his love of conference & how he got up on a crowded bus & testified of a living prophet. Then invited all on the bus to listen to his message about Jesus Christ.
what? Our Jack?
wow
the Johnson's joined us Sunday morning & brought cinnamon rolls- heavenly

Afterward- Hailey played for us.


It's been a great week here.
This week I'll be working on being a better blogger.

5 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I'm so glad you guys got to hear Nienie! I'm just jealous I wasn't there.
*I love the leaf pillow on the couch!

wende said...

what a great week. i'm kicking myself that allie and i didn't go listen to her - what an awesome thing to feel her spirit and the impact of her message. SO GREAT.

and conference, oh man, it was awesome. but i say that every time. i just love it so much.

Amie said...

You sound happy. I love that.

I wanted to go to that talk, but I didn't. Dang it. I'm glad it was fabulous. I think it is great that you took your girls (and Bret).

Johnna said...

What an awesome opportunity. A side note, I love, love, love the new furniture!

Love you,

Jill said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go hear Nie Nie speak, and have such good seats. It makes me sad to think that only 2% of women would describe themselves as beautiful, that's just wrong!