Sunday, February 14, 2010

valentine's day

I know it's going to sound craZy...
but Valentine's Day with a house full of kids--
is really fun.
Tonight was our annual Valentine's Day dinner.
Steak & shrimp- mmm.
and sugar cookies- of course!


Someone... just couldn't wait to open gifts- and neither could trent.
It's pretty exciting.
Brett gave me this-- and I could not be happier!



After dinner Brian was telling us about how his room mate (a rock climber) can climb around their kitchen table without touching the ground. That started something. We cleared the dishes, moved all the chairs, and the competition began.



Not to be outdone- even Chloe got into the act.

After changing clothes, Jack did it- TWICE.
He says he is sore all over.
Of course, they each hit the ground hard a couple of times.
What can I say?
The dining room will never be the same.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

7 comments:

Brittany Gilson said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! I miss you guys. We need to come visit soon...

shannon said...

Wow! you went all out! I don't do gifts for my kids...(I'll be sure they don't see this post!) :)

That is so great that Brent gave you that necklace! Was it unpromted? I'm so impressed...

Brian is a bit of an "anti-V" day kind of guy...he says it's a pagan's holiday...and I say..."get over it, already, buddy!"
He waited until 11:30 last night to reveal that he had put a card on my bed earlier on in the day, but I hadn't seen it. I went the whole day thinking that he forgot.
grrrrrrrr....

Consider yourself lucky, my friend!

P.S.--A thank you note is on it's way to you...(you're the best, Patsy!) XO

She Loves To Make said...

I love the annual Valentine's dinner--so fun! Dad sure did a great job this year! That necklace is beautiful!

Jill said...

I want to come to your house for Valentine's Day!! You know how to do it up right!

Did you point Brett in the direction of that necklace or has he been paying attention? Either way he's a good man!

Oh my goodness, the table rock climbing looks so funny, painful and disturbing!

Janae said...

Your Valentine's diner sounds yummy! And, the decorations look very festive:) I really am interested in this rock climbing the table...Jack could do it twice? I would love to see that!

michelle said...

I love your pretty valentine's table! And cracking up over the table-climbing photos. Man, you can just tell that Chloe is a ballerina.

I got a Lisa Leonard necklace, too!

Holly said...

Way to go Brett!! How sweet!

I think it's wonderful you make Valentine's Day a tradition and celebrate the WHOLE family's love for each other.

I am envious of your red and white Fiesta. Very festive.

The dining table challenge is hilarious--you can totally see Chloe's grace when she took her turn. How will Jack explain his bruises? Ha! The table climbing reminds me of something Dwight, Michael and Andy would do on The Office.