Tuesday, February 9, 2010

it was a big show!

Last night the H.S. had their big Broadway concert.
It was a big show at a big place- Abavanel Hall, in the big city- Salt Lake City.
Hailey is in the sophomore choir. Megan sang here, Brian sang here, Jack sang here- it's a great opportunity for these kids.
Being family night- we decided to make it a family affair.
Chloe skipped ballet, Jack made a point to come with us.... and we decided to live on the edge & take Trent. He's not what you call- the concert going type. I thought it would be a good idea- free ticket, interesting building, family night, easy access out, fast pace music... you know a good "learning experience."
Here's a shot of hailey sitting with her friends,
pretending not to notice I am taking her picture.


I know you can't see hailey.
we opted to sit towards the back, near a door. It was a good thing.
Hailey was GREAT! The concert was fabulous!
Chloe loved it, Jack was entertained. Brett & I enjoyed it & being together.
But Trent?
Trent was switching seats, crying, laughing, bored, happy, mad, annoying the few people around us... oh boy.
Still- it was a good night and a great concert.

On the way to the car
jack gave us his "moroni pose."

I was glad to have chloe all afternoon to myself & then get to sit by her at the concert. She is a lot of fun, but such a busy girl. I love having her home.


Jack's IPod was in the car & we danced all the way home to Boogie Oogie Oogie.
Then around the corner from home, brett stopped the car & trent raced the car the rest of the way home!


This is something that happens all the time-
and he always wins!

and when he gets home - he's exhausted.
And that's really the point.
* how was your family night?
*did you get a Valentine?

7 comments:

wende said...

i got your valentine today! i love your family.

the concert was so GREAT, except for one of the super flat mad songs but other than that, i loved it all. so fun, glad to have taylor singing again.

i forgot my camera and looked for you afterward to take a photo of taylor but you were long gone!

if anyone "raced" to our house, they would die of exhaustion racing up our hill.

Kristy said...

I missed the concert last night! I would have much rather gone to the concert than deal with what was waiting for me at work last night. We have never missed one of Emily's concert except for last night. Usually this is one of my favorites of the year.

We need to start having the boys race us up the street.....great idea!

I got your card......SOOOO CUTE!!! It is on my fridge :)

John and Misty said...

Go Hailey! Jack's pose and Trent's race crack me up! Got your V-day card also. Love it! Thanks.

Jill said...

We finally get to see Hailey's cute new hair do, it's darling!!

You have such talented kids!

Our FHE ended up being really good because Landon's brief lesson triggered a conversation that we needed to have with the kids.

She Loves To Make said...

That's always such a fun concert! I'm glad the whole family got to go to support Hailey.

Karrie said...

Way to go Hailey!!!!

I got your card...so so so CUTE!!!

Thanks for hanging out today.

michelle said...

I loved your card! Such a cute idea.

I'm dying over Trent racing the car home, that is just brilliant.

Jack's Moroni pose is cracking me up. And Chloe has one amazingly cute scarf!