Friday, February 19, 2010

five for friday

A couple of weeks ago Brett & I went shopping & I bought these shoes. I bought them on recommendation of one of my book club friends. Her husband is a physical therapist & I was telling her how I am always nervous I will break my ankle again, how my ankle feels tippy & the doctor told me it was weak ... well not anymore! I LOVE THESE SHOES. They are so amazing & comfortable & I don't feel like I'm going to twist my ankle anymore. Plus the are red & I love red ... here's a link of a pair that is similar. Today Wende & Ethan took a break from a huge project at her house to eat lunch with me. Ethan stayed & played with T. They were super excited when a big box full of towels I ordered came & INSTANT toy!!
Ethan is so funny & darling & feeling pretty sassy here- I tried to teach him some jokes he could go home & tell his teenage brothers & sister. Not sure that worked too well?

This afternoon I have been working on Hailey's costume for the musical. OH MY GOODNESS. She has been working her tail off for this show. My job may look hard, but it's not compared to everything she is doing. Practice, making her wig... more practice, finding gloves etc. The High School took on a monumental task & is performing CATS in just a couple of weeks. The women involved with the costumes etc. are amazing. You just wouldn't believe what they have done with yarn! I can't wait to show you the finished costumes- unbelievable!

Hailey is an orange cat- so exciting- there are only a few orange cats. Most are black or brown.

Tonight I have been
watching the Olympics (oh how I love the Olympics!) while brett sleeps in a chair
and enjoying a picnic with trent & a couple of stuffed animals at the top of the stairs.
why?
because it's too cold outside, silly!
These animals had to have a quick picnic because they are going soon- off to Indiana where Zach (jack's buddy) was called to serve his mission. Trent is a little obsessed with Indiana now. He wants to go there.
If you made it to the end of this post- I apologize. IT's pretty boring around here. I'm trying to blog more regularly-- but ya-- this is all I've got.
have a great weekend!!

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh please don't apologize. I enjoy your posts.

AND...I'm hoping to go get a pair of shoes like that today. I was so glad to see you endorsed them. My problem is in my feet, not my ankels, but a few weeks ago I decided I needed to take some action on the problem. I'm so glad you are glad you got some.

michelle said...

Are those Dansko clogs? They were highly recommended to me when I started having my foot problems, but sadly they don't come in wide widths, so I can't wear them. My grandma and aunt Denise swear by them, however. In fact, my grandma has a pair that is patent leather leopard print, and a girl stopped us in a store to ask her where she got them...

She Loves To Make said...

Those shoes are darling! I love them (especially since they're red)
I love that picture of Trent and Ethan. So cute.

Janae said...

Your posts are never boring! The shoes look very fancy:) I am glad they are helping you feel better about your ankle. love the pictures of Trent and Ethan...cute boys:)
btw~ The cupcakes turned out really great!

Jill said...

I hate paying a lot for shoes, but I think it's becoming a necessity at this time of my life. I'm glad you're loving yours!

I love it when kids can entertain themselves with a box!

Kim Sue said...

gotta love a box! AND a new pair of shoes!

Karrie said...

I think these can be your sexy "B" shoes...now I just need to find a pair. They are cute on you.