Saturday, February 6, 2010

random saturday five

1. I made these cupcakes.... these are some of the ones I had left over for the kids.
These candy cane heart suckers are so easy & cute- I found them here- one of my very favorite blogs ever. I was so disappointed that I had forgotten to use the candy canes until I saw this post! Hooray!!! I made a couple dozen for valentine gifts & cannot wait to give them away- that is if they make it- they are really yummy. You really have to check out Pleasant Home it's amazing!

2. I made guacamole! I am posting the recipe here tonight... I hope. Our computer is dead again but wende's husband... is again trying to bring it back to life, that guy's a saint- so I am sharing my computer with a lot of people!!! oh the misery

(sweet photo huh? I wish I would've gotten a shot one second later when he was busting up laughing!)
3. I made miracle bread! THREE TIMES. We have decided that this bread is so darn easy & delicious that I am not buying bread anymore... well not all the time anyway. Jack took a loaf down to marcus who is now home from the hospital. Brian was with him most of the day & says he is doing great-- a little drugged up-- but he's gonna make it.

4. Tonight was our fourth set of tickets to the symphony. But, we decided to pass & gave the tickets away. I am so behind on everything around here & Brett has been so busy with work- we are staying home.
5. I started sending our our VAlentiNe CArdS!!!
I can't wait for you to get one :)

8 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Cute, cute cupcakes!

Kristy said...

I love the cupcakes and heart suckers. I saw those on the blog too this week. I didn't have mini candy canes.....next year I will buy some extra to try them out. They look yummy!

I can't wait to get a valentine card!

Janae said...

Love the cupcakes and heart suckers! Too cute...what a fun site,Pleasant Home. Your guac. looks awesome and I love to make bread instead of buy:) Can't wait for the Valentine's card.

michelle said...

Love your cupcakes!

I'm excited that you love miracle bread and that you're sending valentine cards, how cute is that?

Every year I make and send valentines, but this year I don't have any ideas or plans.... what the?

Karrie said...

I loved the great valentine goodies...they looked yummy when I was there. I hope I am on the list for a Valentine card.

Hope you feel better soon!

wende said...

i need a miracle bread lesson. maybe you can teach all of us on thursday?! :) i'm in for that for sure.

i love that you sent valentine cards and i'm excited to get one even though i already know what they look like! :) i was tempted, but resisted, to send some myself because your idea was just so cool. i love it. maybe next year. i'm also glad that i leave my cards up for most of the year so i can add your family's smiling faces to the door.

feel better soon!

Linda said...

Man, I wish we hadn't eaten up all of candy canes! Those are seriously too cute!

I've got to try the miracle bread recipe!

Karolynn said...

I love the cupcakes! You are the cupcake queen! I make that bread too and everyone loves it. The wheat turnes out great too! I am glad you share your cooking skills!