Thursday, February 18, 2010

blue & gold

After a year of working in Cub Scouts...
I finally did it.
I finally took the patches off my old size S shirt that fit me well when I was jack's den mother & put them on a size L shirt. It was painful, but had to be done.
It was time for the annual Blue & Gold Banquet.
I needed to be dressed right.

I can only blame myself...
and too many cupcakes.
A song is going through my head:
"don't you blame it on the sunshine
don't blame it on the moonlight
don't blame it on the good times
blame it on the boogie"

It was a really fun night!
The theme:
Happy Birthday to scouting
Scouting turns 100 years old this year.
100 years- FAntAstic!


There were balloons- pizza- cupcakes & cakes on each table.
We sat here with these yummies. They were fabulous!

Trent is just one step away from his Webelo rank- and should get it next month!

We have the world's best cub master- she's new to the job & doing so good!
I love a well run cub scout program- they are so few & far between- and we are so blessed to be a part of this one.

Chloe went to YW last night.
They had a cake decorating class & she came home with this!!
Lucky for my new size L shirt --- this one was too pretty to eat
Way to Go Chloe!!
*can you name who sings that song?
It's one of my favorite songs-- find it here
I dare you to listen to this song & NOT get up & start dancing!
It'll put spring in your step

5 comments:

michelle said...

I don't know which would be more painful to me, having to get a larger shirt or having to sew all the patches on again!!

I bow to you, the cupcake master.

You are definitely right about well-run Cub Scout programs being few and far between.

michelle said...

That IS a good song! I always enjoy seeing Michael Jackson back in his natural state. I guess he always had the moves.

She Loves To Make said...

I'm listening to the song now...you can't help but dance when Michael Jackson comes on! Those cupcakes are too cute!

shannon said...

That Blame it on the Boogie song was not one I was super familiar with...I definitely like Michael Jackson pre-plastic surgery / weirdo years...

I always cringe when I see how "with it" your cub scout pack is...
We're still struggling here...
I will be sure to take pictures of our blue and gold banquet so you can see the contrast...(I don't know when ours is even scheduled)

Karrie said...

ummm love the cake that Chloe did...and the cupcakes for the cubs scouts...cute cute!