Tuesday, August 9, 2011

a deacon

This past weekend my baby boy... was ordained a deacon in our church. I can hardly believe it!? It was a big/great day. It was so fun to see him with the big boys, next week he will even pass the sacrament! He was really excited. We had a lot of company come to help us celebrate Trent! My mom & dad were here!


Grandma played at least 5 games of Sorry with Trent. I'm not sure who was winning/cheating or what, but they were having fun.


After church we had a BBQ- good ol' hamburgers & hot dogs. Trent wanted everyone to make their own pizzas--- but we had pizza on his birthday-- can you imagine that many people making pizzas with one oven? blah-





Marcus, Brittany & Johnny had flown in just in time from Disney World!



This picture was taken just a couple of hours before The Peanut... broke his leg jumping on our trampoline. So not good. Poor little guy. Cried & cried & then had to go to instacare... now getting a cast... oh I feel awful about it!







thanks for coming mom & dad-

It was great to have you here for us & for Trent's special day!


4 comments:

michelle said...

So exciting!

Lucas will be ordained on Sunday and my parents are coming to town, I can't wait!

michelle said...

p.s. so sad about the broken leg!

Jill said...

Congratulations to Trent!! It's so great that the family gathered for his big day.

Oh dear about the Peanut!

Karrie said...

Way to go Trent...so proud!

OMG my dad used to wear his hat like your dad's baseball cap ...barely on their head...what is up with that?