Monday, August 22, 2011

last hurrah

Last week- we decided to take a couple of days to play. You know, before the dreaded... school starting. We took two days & had a blast! Kind of a little mini- stay cation.We started out here at Jungle Jim's Playground. The girls were so kind to go along & not complain (ya, they had fun- because they have such good attitudes!) Trent was in HEAVEN.














We were all having a GREAT time- until - Trent talked me into getting on "The Amazon" with him. I don't know what is wrong with my mind? HELLO? When will I ever learn? Frankly, I just felt bad for him... I wanted him to have a friend/brother to ride with so- I. got. on. the. ride..... Just before it took off the girls came walking around the corner & saw me. Their mouths dropped open & they started to giggle & point. The two kids in front of us told me this was their 12th time in a row. I asked, "have you puked yet? How do you keep from puking?" Their answer, "it's easy lady. It's fun." Ya--- I used to be a kid too. The ride started up & it hit me-- I'VE GOTTA GET OFF THIS THING!!!! By the second time around I was panicking & yelling at the teenage operator-- STOP THE RIDE, HEY HEY- STOP THE RIDE!! He may have let me go around one more two more times out of wicked spite. Before it had come to a complete stop, my seat belt was off & I was climbing out. Crisis averted. The girls were nearly rolling on the ground with laughter. jerks.



Trent survived & thrived & even found a buddy to ride with.


Yes, it was tempting to stay all day... but after a couple of hours we headed off to here:

This place is so darn cute!

Not to mention- so good!




Chloe got a Va Nei lla cupcake.

Trent & Cranny (the blow up crayon he bought & named with the tickets at Jungle Jim's) shared a Root Beer float cupcake.

Mine was raspberry lime.



Hailey chose a sopapilla something? I can't remember now, but it was good.

(I texted this picture of some new Tom's to the girls)

We headed to the mall where we met up with Brett. The girls got to do some shopping - then we went out to dinner!

GREAT DAY









5 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

That cupcake shop is too cute! Sounds like the perfect day to me...except for the almost puking part :)

Laura said...

I can just imagine you screaming on that ride. Great mental image!! haha I love it. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Kim Sue said...

Mmmm those cupcakes look fabulous!

Jill said...

I can't believe you got on that crazy ride!!

michelle said...

I love that your kids are such good sports.

I've never been to the Sweet Tooth Fairy, but I want to. There's even one in Orem now.

I've learned my lesson about rides. I just can't do it.