Tuesday, April 19, 2011

tuesday ramblings...

Last week I attended the first of a sweet line of bridal showers for Laura.Check out the food! Her neighborhood & church congregation put on this shower & it was delightful.
Brian was pretty thrilled about the griddle. But seriously, isn't she the cutest thing ever?!



Last week this picture was in my inbox along with the heel clicking photo. I love it. Missionary Jack eating a fresh mango. He says the fruit is amazing & he is loving it. It's still super hot there (nearly 100 degrees with nearly 100% humidity- aaargh!) so he was over the top excited to see temple square covered in snow during General Conference. When he tells people there how cold it is in Utah they are stunned. They always ask him- "How do you survive it?" Hey- I'm wondering the same thing.


On my way to the U of U last week for Hailey's doctor's appointment (she hasn't had a seizure in nearly 3 months!!!) we saw all of these daffodils by the Salt Lake library. She kindly got this picture for me- I always want to take pictures of things while I'm driving- but ya- I don't want to die. There are several places in the city with hundreds of daffodils. It does my heart good. I love daffodils- LOVE them. They are for sure my favorite flowers. They are strong- they can stand up through rough, changing weather. They are bright & cheery & bring hope.

Hope that spring is coming. Hope that life goes on after a hard winter.

Yes- I love daffodils.


5 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Cute picture of Laura! What a fun bridal shower.

Karolynn said...

the shower looked so nice. I love ribbon sands MMM Jack is looking great and I am so happy to hear Hailey is doing well.

Jill said...

How fun that Laura and Brian are being showered with so many nice gifts! I gave Randy a griddle like that for Valentine's Day 7 years ago and we use it every week! I don't know why it took us so long to get one.

Kim Sue said...

that is one serious plate of shower food!

michelle said...

I was a bit stunned about the snow on Conference weekend as well!

Love the picture of Laura with the tiara and cape. Showers are so great.