Friday, April 22, 2011

5 for friday

1. Last week I taught a technique class at work. It was one of the most intimidating things I have ever done & nearly put me into a full blown panic. I taught a class on eggs & cooked poached eggs with tomato ragout- deviled eggs with lemon zest & capers- Hon Kong egg waffles & omelets. There were 12+ people there. I was scared but -I did it. I feel great about it. It was a huge deal for me & I am really looking forward to teaching again. Hopefully next time I will be less nervous & it will be even better!

2. Last Friday in preparation for the class- Chloe had several (5-6?) friends over & I practiced eggs on them. They ate 2 1/2 dozen eggs! It was great practice & they were such a positive eating audience.

3. Saturday was my niece Brittany's baby shower. It was so fun to be there with my sister Johnna & our girls. She is in town because Brittany & Marcus are graduating from BYU today!!!!! WOW- congratulations to my favorite BYU students. They are off to Law school (for marcus) soon & their first baby is due anytime. Gosh- we are going to miss them so bad. I have LOVED having them here so close. LOVED it! I can't stand these kids growing up & moving away. maybe I need to get a job with an airline?

4. I have only put up one- ONE- Easter decoration. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. WHat is going on...? I'll tell you what is going on- IT'S FREEZING HERE & IT WON'T STOP RAINING MIXED WITH SNOW & HAIL. I'm so sick of it. For heaven's sake- it's a late Easter & I'm ready to pull my hair out with this weather. It truly feels like winter in Seattle. Not that there is anything wrong with winter in Seattle-- It's just I live in a desert people-- we are not equipped for that much rain here & flooding is everywhere- yada, yada, yada. Thank you for letting me rant on. Blogging = free therapy.

5. Yes- My bloggy friends & I still meet for creative Thursdays! It's glorious. Sometimes we have nothing creative to do- but we get lunch & it's therapeutic for me. I need their friendship & support & I love them for that. This week I took along my fabulous (man I love it!) sewing machine that my mom & dad so generously gave me for Christmas!!- best gift ever. I mended 5 different clothing items for the family & sewed a quick project for Janae. I'm working on several quilts for gifts & I can't wait to finish them. More on that later!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

gosh, i feel like it's been so long since i've caught up on your blog! this 5 for Friday was perfect.

i'm so glad you had a positive experience teaching! i LOVE teaching and training and speaking to groups. it's something that comes naturally for me, but i still have quite a bit of anxiety right before the event.

jack has been slowly but surely putting out the Easter decorations. i haven't really been feeling it this year, either. tomorrow night is our annual watching of The Ten Commandments, so hopefully we'll dye some eggs in the afternoon and get a little more excited!

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Tony said...

I love that you practiced eggs on Chloe and her friends. I bet they loved that!
Hey, a job with an airline is not a bad idea :) Maybe I need one!

Jill said...

Way to go with the egg class! I don't eat eggs so I have no egg-making skills whatsoever.

I never put up Easter decorations, what's up with that? It has been way too cold this spring, I'm ready for some mild warmth.

I'm so glad you girls are still getting together for Creative Thursdays!

Karolynn said...

I bet your class was wonderful. I have never poached an egg before.

michelle said...

I didn't put up a single Easter decoration. I absolutely love Easter. I don't know what's up with that.

Spring is here! Finally. Finally.

How fun to be able to play with your fabulous new machine.