Sunday, August 22, 2010

worth the wait

One day last spring
my sweetheart called in the middle of the day-
to say that Earth, Wind & Fire was coming to Utah!
should he buy tickets?
YES
AND FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!
We listen to their music all the time...
you can ask Megan (she's been around the longest)
these kids grew up on it.
(p.s. we really missed you megan & tony)
(p.p.s. we haven't told missionary jack yet.... we are not sure how to break the news to him shh)
(in line 1 hour early to get in & claim our spot)
So-
We've waited all summer.
Knowing that -
even though the end of summer meant school starting-
it also meant the
Earth, Wind & Fire
concert was here!
We got into the venue at
Then pulled out our picnic dinner, blankets & chairs.
The view in front of us.

The view to the left- west I think?

above

to the west again?
where's my photo from the east?
oh well...
When the music started-
everyone around us started doing this...

Evidence - that besides being a fabulous concert,
this was an excellent people watching event.
Something tells me, some one out there may have even enjoyed watching us?
they started out with
and ended with
I really love these kids...
this music...
and this guy.

This picture above is for you Jack.
When you get home... and if you read my entire blog like Brian did.
Or, if I break down & tell you?
Which is very likely, considering I am the worst secret keeper on the planet.
Earth, Wind & Fire
YOU DID NOT DISAPPOINT!
It was a GREAT concert.
Worth every penny & all the months anticipation.


9 comments:

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

Looks like a TON of fun was had by all!!!

She Loves To Make said...

I loved this post although I'm still so sad I had to miss out on the concert of a lifetime! Our family can really shake it!
Oh and I love that picture of the guy & lady dancing hahahaha.

Jill said...

How fun! I'm a fan of their music as well.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man! What a night. I'm so glad you went and had a great time. I won't tell Jack.

Brit said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!

Karrie said...

Oh man love Brian's moves...why isn't he dating again???? JK

I'm so glad you took everyone they looked like they had a blast!

wende said...

oh my gosh i am dying laughing - brian is so funny. and how fun! i'm glad you guys got to go - you have the world's nicest husband. for real.

Beth said...

Oh I LOVE it! The bun video is so funny! Love ya Bri! Brett is so awesome!!!