Tuesday, August 10, 2010

thursday, friday & saturday

Thursday Brett & I took these two to see this- Ramona & Beezus. Beverly Cleary books were the only books I loved as a kid & I was thrilled to take the kids to this movie. Last summer I read Ramona to these two out loud. I fell in love with her again.
Friday...
OH FRiday
Trent was over the top excited to go on his very first scout camp out!

He packed a day ahead, then put on the pack 2 hours before it was time to go, then told everyone to say hurry & say goodbye- he was leaving... in 2 hours.

Brett was the lucky one & got to go with him.
There was thunder, lightening (not near by but a good showing) rain, wind- just enough to keep them awake most of the night.
It's been 3 days- Brett is finally starting to recover.

Saturday morning Chloe & I got up early to drive to Provo & pick up Hailey at EFY.
She had the "best time ever."
She became an instant celebrity after the variety show where she wowed them with one of her original songs- I didn't take any pictures of us because I'm an idiot, but we had a great time. I'm so glad she got to go- we were not going to send her, but a couple of weeks before- we went on line saw one open spot & signed her up. It was meant to be!
We went out to breakfast & shopping with Marcus & Brittany- then to see this exhibit at the BYU art museum. IT WAS AMAZING. I highly recommend it.
more to come...

4 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I love the picture of Trent in his sleeping bag! He is just beaming with excitement.

Holly said...

Wasn't Ramona and Beezus wonderful?!?! We really liked it too.

Trent cracks me up--2 hours before--I guess he WAS really, really excited.

Jill said...

We haven't made it to that movie yet, but it looks enchanting.

Trent is so funny, getting ready 2 hours early is hilarious.

michelle said...

Trent has the cutest sleeping bag ever!