Tuesday, August 3, 2010

happy birthday trenton!

It's absolutely impossible to believe...
that my baby turns 11 years old today!?
Using his favorite words.... WHAT the HecK?
We celebrated last Friday night with Grandma & Grandpa Messer, plus Megan & charlie. So much fun- We also celebrated Megan's birthday which was Sunday--- but that is a post for another day (I'm so behind!)

I have learned so much being Trent's mother.
He was surely sent to our family to teach me many things.
I can honestly say- I am learning.
11 things I love about Trent:
1. Trent hugs me many times throughout the day- I think his love language is physical touch.
2. He always tells me he loves me & thanks me for things I do for him.
3. He likes to help & is working on helping more- which is part of being in a family (something we are working on.)
4. He is very literal- (probably the aspergers) we joke around too much in our family, so he is continually learning that not everything is for real, or serious - which keeps us/me on my toes & make him extra fun to tease... sorry buddy, but ya know I love to tease ya.
5. Because he is so literal- he never lies or keeps secrets well. This is very convenient & helpful for mom.
6. He likes to play with friends no matter what their age & has several good friends much younger than he is & older than he is. Still- he has friends his own age too. He is just friends with everyone!
7. He gets his jobs done every morning without complaining.
8. He is tall for his age- which is a big deal at our house!
9. He likes to stay up late & get up early (I'm not sure I like this... but it does keep us moving!)
10. He is a FANTstic Speller- spelling is his best subject in school.
11. He is adorable, says the funniest things, has the world's best freckles, is a good uncle & brother & son, tells jokes, is great at fixing things... I could go on & on & on.....
PLUS
He got a cell phone for his birthday!
If he has your number- you can bet you'll be getting a call soon!


9 comments:

Marcus and Brittany said...

Happy Birthday, Trent! What a great kid! Also, the picture with Charlie and the sign is ADORABLE! :)

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Trent!!! WOOOHOO you got a phone such a LUCKY boy!

She Loves To Make said...

I just love Trent. He's such a sweetie & so hilarious. Can't wait for the phone calls to begin :)

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Lucky kid, getting the phone for his birthday... I love you Trent! Happy Birthday!

Brit said...

Happy Birthday Trent! I love you buddy!

wende said...

happiest birthday trent! so glad we got to see you for a few minutes today. thanks for being such a good friend to ethan and for making us laugh all the time.
you are one GREAT kid!

Johnna said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! We love you....sorry this is a day late!

:)

Unknown said...

he got the cell phone!! woohoo!

i love that you've written your eleven things list. it's not always to see the gifts in a boy that age (speaking from experience!)

michelle said...

He finally got his phone!!

I agree with Lelly – sometimes it's hard to come up with 11 good things. #5 is my favorite.