Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a really big night for T-biz!

Last night was Trent's last pack meeting as a cub scout!
He had a lot of awards coming to him...
from camp & other activities this summer.
He went "fishing" to get them!

I have to admit...
I'm really sad that he won't be wearing this uniform or red vest any more.
I think it's so cute.
He also was awarded cub scouting's biggest-
The Arrow of Light!

We have a fantastic cub committee who put on a small program-

to honor this huge achievement.

As you can see-
Trent was just a little emotional.
Actually he sobbed.
He didn't want to cross the bridge over to Boy Scouting.

Cub scouts- Pack meeting- having mom for his den leader
has just been so much fun

Can you blame him?
We haven't had a scout move on for a year...
so I think he felt kind of like he was leaving his friends.
don't worry buddy- they're coming right along too!

He has been attending
Boy Scouts weekly,
has Over the Top- great leaders,
went on a FAntastic Over night Camp out...
still
no more pack meeting?

it was just too much.

We feel so blessed to have such a great troop for my little guy.
and
It was also announced- that this was my last pack meeting as a leader.
I'm being released.
I've been teaching R.S. for six months now & ya-
it's time for me to go too.
I am going to miss my boys!!!
I'm so glad I get to keep at least one.

11 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

haha oh Trent, such a tender guy. Great job getting an arrow of light! and yay for you...finally being released!

Kristy said...

Congrats Trent....what an accomplishment!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ohhhh Patsy, that is just soooo sad. I love how everything he feels is so real and so big.

Johnna said...

Congratulations Trent on your achievement.

We love you!

Anisha said...

Patsy, thank you for all of your hard work in scouts. we held on to you for as long as possible because it's really hard to fill your shoes! Tell Trent congratulations! Awesome!

Jill said...

That's just too cute that Trent sobbed and didn't want to move on. I'm sure he'll be loving his new group as soon as he gets going in there.

Hooray for you getting released!

Janae said...

Congrats to Trent on the great accomplishments! He will make a great boy scout with so much dedication:)

Beth said...

Oh what a big night... Congratulations to Trent on his acheivements! Jacob still has his arrow of light award hanging right over his bed to remind him... he had others bigger and better come later, but that was always one of his favorites!! They work so hard to get there. The boy scouts are so fortunate, he will be a great boy scout too!!

shannon said...

That's it! I'm packing up and moving to your ward so Jake can be a part of that troop! I'm always so impressed by the things you guys do for those boys!

What's the deal with the red vests? Why aren't we wearing those here? We are sooo out of touch! Arghhh....

Congrats on being released...I understand why you're feeling a little bitter/sweet....

Hope you've had a good summer...
XO

Karrie said...

THis makes me so sad...why can't he just stay in Cub Scouts???

What a cutie...he will love his new group too right?

michelle said...

That is a big night! I just love that he was so emotional about the whole thing, he is such a tenderheart. That must be so hard for him to leave cub scouts and having you as his leader.

But I am glad for your release! I was a cub scout leader with neither of my boys in cubs and I did not enjoy it at all.