Wednesday, March 6, 2013

lots and lots

I have considering quitting.
Quitting this blog.
I don't know... it just seems like real life is too hard right now & I don't want to talk about it.
But then-- It helps. You know? I can't help but wonder if I talk about it too much?
 If I am just making it worse?
 Although, life is good in so many ways- we are just knee deep in real life & ya-- it's hard.
Do you ever feel like that?


It feels like the longest winter ever, but really it's just been a normal winter I suppose? 
Here Chloe & I are driving up to the U 
She continues to get better/worse- then better/worse.
Oh how I wish I could take this trial away from her.


Charlie says the sun gives him super powers!
I think that may be true for me. 
I don't like the heat-- but I like the sun.


These two are growing like crazy.
Eat- Burp- Change Diapers - Sleep
repeat
I still can't believe there are 2...
two of them.
How does this happen & how did she do it?
Truly-- it blows my mind.


The Game of Life
before church.
Or should I say --
before the obsession begins.
Trent is obsessed with a kid in our neighborhood that has bullied him in the past/currently/pretty much whenever he can get an opportunity. Trent frequently starts it by running smack up to him & saying something like-- you hurt me when....... or I do not like..... (whomever he teased Trent about last time they saw each other.) This is one of our most difficult issues with Trent. His OCD and compulsion to try to make it better/get revenge (he cannot usually decide which) makes going to church torture for Brett & I. AND Provides a constant subject almost impossible for him to drop-- during at least 1/2 of his conversations for the rest of the week. Ya- rest of the week.
I don't have an answer for this problem. I have tried every single thing possible to try to think of a way out of this-- including 1. moving 2. not going anymore 


It helped this week getting to sit by this cutie in Relief Society.
It helped a lot.



I found this quote on pinterest this week.
It has helped.
Writing today 
has too.

10 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I love you mom! I wish I could help in some way. Things will get better. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Just a lurker here but please know that your writing does help those of us who are also going through tough times. It is so refreshing to read a blog that doesn't try to make life seem so perfect. Those just make me feel like the worst mom ever. Your writing always makes me feel like difficult times hit everyone despite what many try to tell us

Anonymous said...

I never dreamed how much writing on my blog would help me get over losing my babies..... I was never a good writer, but not even that it's helped me get over a lot of things and just put my feelings down somewhere...e ven if no one else reads it. I read today on Facebook "it never gets easier, you just get stronger." I know that to be true, and I also know, from young womens yesterday that God builds you up to what you need to be. He builds you up--- to help you get through everything. And He gives us miracles, and tender mercies.... and they're amazing. And you're amazing. You have the best family- you're the best woman, and mother ever. I'm so grateful to know you and I'd be so sad if you quit the blog. :) Love you!

Jill said...

Don't quit blogging Patsy, just do what you can! I think it's therapeutic to write about tough times even when you can't share it all.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I add my vote, please keep blogging. I really appreciate the insights and laughs. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I must admit I'm a lurker. But I am also a Mama and you are an inspiration. One thing I can say I've taken away from your blog is Mothering is hard and it's ok to admit that. We do the best that we can for our babies, and that my dear you do VERY well. As always keeping you and your sweet family in my thoughts and prayers.

Melinda said...

I can totally relate to wanting to quit blogging. Life is hard and who wants to admit that? But, it does help so much to know I'm not alone.

I really hope you don't quit blogging. I pray it gets a little easier for you and your family. You have an amazing family!

Murdlem said...

I understand how you feel. Sometimes the pain is too much. I slow down my blogging when It gets to be too much or I get too busy. But I decided to keep on because I know another family is in pain out there and it helps to know you are not alone. Or that you will make it through each of these difficult situations and hopefully it will get better. I know the pain it is to watch your child go through difficult painful experiences. I have no magic wand. It has taught me how to love better, and to reach out to others and show them the love they so desperately need as well. I am not grateful for my difficulties, however I am grateful I am learning from them. Hold your kids tight. Do what is right for your family, and you.

Gail said...

Please don't stop. Blair and I both love your blog. It is a connection to you and to our home town. Plus, we need a fix of baby photos every few days.

Hclawson said...

"The tests of life are tailored for our own best interests, and all will face the burdens best suited to their own mortal experience. In the end we will realize that God is merciful as well as just and that all the rules are fair. We can be reassured that our challenges will be the ones we needed, and conquering them will bring blessings we could have received in no other way." ~ Jeffrey R. Holland

You are an amazing lady Patsy, this too shall pass!!