Friday, November 9, 2012

a list for November

1. Like most of you... I can't believe it's November 2012.
2. I am over the top-- excited about Thanksgiving & it just may be turning into my favorite holiday?
3. We are hosting dinner here for 25 people.
4. I'm not doing it all! We will all work together.
5. I was physically sick after the election this week-
6. Knowing how our country is divided is making me feel uneasy.
7. I want to gather my babes & just hibernate.
8. But- that won't do- heavens no.
9. Lots of prayers for our wonderful country - our people- our leaders. How do you feel?
10. I am thrilled about a new adventure I am starting soon--
11. I am starting a cooking class for kids right here in my home!
12. AND GUESS WHAT?
I am already filled up for the first two classes starting November 30- amazing!
13. I will have two classes every Friday for two weeks until December 21. Then in January I will be adding-
14. One for kids 5-8. One for kids 9-12. One for teens 13-18. Hopefully at least one more for whichever age group needs it.
15. I've got so many ideas & it's going to be GREAT!
16. We will be learning about setting the table, proper etiquette, measuring ingredients, cooking techniques & basic equipment, nutrition, whole/processed foods, making snacks, breakfast, lunch & dinner etc.
17. But more importantly-- how to clean up so your parents will let you in the kitchen again!
18. I am thrilled about the prospects- I love cooking & kids- it's a natural combination for me.
19. Christmas-- it's coming.
20. Are you feeling the pressure?
21. I've been so excited-- for weeks-- but all of the sudden-- I'm starting to feel it.
22. It = The pressure of Christmas as a parent- trying to make it spiritual etc.
23. Trying to find that balance and still make magic.
23. I bring it on myself, but that is why Christmas is not my favorite holiday.
24. I am making a lot of gifts this year & I am excited about that!
25. There is something so extra special about a handmade gift.
26. I did it.
27. I bought a new Christmas tree even though we certainly cannot afford it.
28. I've been looking for one since we moved into this house. wow long time.It had to be just. right.
29. It wasn't expensive (miracle) and is flocked (I've always wanted a flocked tree! yeah!)
30. I hope you have a GREAT weekend-- here it is snowing! It's beautiful. Photos to come

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

You got a new tree?! Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!
Your cooking class is going to be awesome. You are such a natural at that kind of stuff. I wish I could come to a class!!!

Melinda said...

I have been looking for a new tree for 5 years now! We've had the same one for 16 years now.

I am so excited for you and your cooking classes! I so wish we lived closer and I would send all of my kids, they all love to cook and bake. I love that you are teaching about clean up also. I have a few that are banned right now because they have made such huge messes and then leave.

We got a ton of snow also here. I am so sick over tues. I wish we could hibernate.

michelle said...

I'm excited for you, Patsy! What a wonderful new venture!

I have been wanting a flocked tree for years.