Wednesday, October 17, 2012

just loving it... ?

It's always a busy week 
but this week
I've been working a lot... 4 days in a row!
and


making Halloween cookies


and
LOVING the new season
of Arthur on PBS.
I have a lot of theories in life & one of them is that:
all of lives problems can be solved in a 1/2 hour episode of Arthur.


and
 Last of all
doing homework.
loads & loads and did I mention we've been doing 
LOADS of HOMEWORK?
Today is the end of the first term of school.
For an ADHD 7th grader-- it's been an adjustment.
For his mother-- it's been exhausting.
(that's putting it mildly)
But I am happy to help Trent do his assignments over & over & over if he doesn't get the: 
TURN THEM IN CONCEPT
 soon.
 I'm on my 7th year of 7th grade 
Me (yes I passed 7th grade) + six kids =  7 years of 7th grade 
7th grade has easily won---- the hardest year of school----- for most of my kids. 
sigh
I should get an award for this? 
Or
Maybe I'm just crazy for having 6 kids?
Let's just say I didn't think it through.
6 kids = 18 years of Jr. High.
(Oh My Gosh, I have 2.75 years left.)
Let's just hope that in this second term we don't have to make up most of his assignments in the last two weeks.
prayers- that we make it - I welcome them

2 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

18 years of junior high? That sounds like a nightmare to me ;)

Melinda said...

Holy crap, I didn't think it through either! I hate jr high and I am in the same boat with 8th grader and making up work. Why do all of the teachers have to do big projects at the same time? That is all we have been doing for a week is big projects. Even over our fall break. It was no break indeed. Stupid school projects!

Sorry, didn't mean to rant. I'm just over it and ready for summer.