Friday, September 7, 2012

crystal bridges

Last month when I was at Megan's house
we went to visit 
It was so much fun!
When Crystal Bridges first opened, I remember wishing I could go & thinking I would never get to visit... I am so happy I got the chance to go- and with Megan & her 3 boys!!!
(tony met us there after work)


How sweet are these two!?
Man... I miss them.


Crystal Bridges is a world class museum.
It's stunning~ There was a traveling exhibit featuring one of the few copies left of the constitution. No photos allowed. That was so cool- I was wishing Jack could be there!
 The building is so well planned out & the grounds surrounding the museum are stunning. Great job here. 


My favorite exhibit was definitely the modern art.




Get a look at this American Gothic done in spools of thread!





When you look through the viewing sphere- there it is.
really cool


This was mesmerizing for me.
I have to be on constant awareness with myself in places like this...
Oh dear, I have to admit... I have this strong desire to touch everything!
For heaven's sake! What am I- 5 years old?
I just want to touch it for a second???
I contained the urges to touch.




It was so fun to walk around the museum with Charlie & Joey.
They are such good boys & had plenty of energy.
I'm not sure Megan & Tony will be headed here regularly- but now & then is good enough.
(We were caught giving the boys crackers & almost got in trouble--- twice)


For sure the best part of the museum for the boys- was the children's interactive art area.
(say that ten times fast)
There was lots of fun things to do - but Charlie & Joey were all about the puppet theater.


It was such a fun trip for me-
and guess what?
Megan recently got an IPhone so now we get to face time!
Face time has made me feel not so far away.
Miss you guys!


2 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This was so fun! And you are right, we won't be heading there with the boys soon haha. So glad you got to come spend time with us! We love you so much!

michelle said...

Holy cow, when did the boys get so big??