Friday, September 21, 2012

catching up!

I never mean to go so long between posts..
it just happens!
It's usually a sign- a sign of my mental state & the state of affairs in the family.
This week = BUSY & HECTIC & I don't like it.
but what can you do?
survive


I have some talents-
I have some things I do okay, or well, or even just mediocre...
BUT can I just toot my own horn here & say
I make a Darn Good Pizza!
This isn't the most flattering picture- but last Friday night (pizza night) I made several to.die.for. pizzas. 
This one is the last one I made & combined all our favorite ingredients dividing the pizza into veggie- pepperoni/mushroom- pepperoni.
good stuff
Right now my favorite is a thin crust- with roasted sun dried garlic for the sauce, three cheeses & fresh basil. Oh mama


Brett & I were winding down & headed to bed Friday night when Hailey came home, ran upstairs and proclaimed -- "There is a porcupine in our front yard!!"
what?
Brett ran downstairs & sure enough next to the short fence that divides our yard from our neighbor's was a 3-4' porcupine! What in the world?
I'm guessing it is down from the mountain 2 miles up from our house? 
Unless some one's pet porcupine got out? Is that possible?
Before now- I've only seen a porcupine in the zoo. Actually the porcupine didn't get me out of bed- so I didn't really "see" it at all. Apparently, it takes more than a wild animal in the front yard to get me outta bed.


Moments after the porcupine incident quieted down-
this showed up on the doorstep.
Chloe was asked to the Homecoming dance!
Her first school dance- exciting! Even more so than a porcupine in the front yard?
-You decide-
***
Sunday we were invited to dinner with Marcus & Brittany's family down in Lehi!
It was so kind of Brittany's mom to invite us & so much fun... no photos... but so fun. 
Trent was in true Trent form - not bad- just Trent. Brittany's mom was so sweet & patient with him. They have a GREAT DANE!!! Trent was in complete amazement & very curious.


Monday after work & driving carpool etc...
I made Chicken Pot Pies for dinner in my new Breville Mini Pie Maker.
Very exciting- for a self proclaimed food addict  anyway.


Tuesday after work & driving carpool
 (it takes almost an hour to drive Trent's carpool- because of the location etc! It's exhausting frankly)
I met the former missionary Jack AKA: sick - still sick & getting sicker BYU student-
at the U of U hospital.


We are back to the Post Travel Clinic & Dr. Scott Benson.
He is a wonderful doctor & he is trying his hardest to help Jack & find out just--- what is up?
He is losing the weight he gained since he got home- suffering from severe chronic headaches, body aches, fever, chills, constant stomach issues (I won't give the gory details- besides vomiting), nausea & lack of appetite, and inactive malaria.
mother fear on steroids


In the mean time-
I got an Instagram account!
Notice the difference in the photos-


before


after

This is Jack leaving the hospital with his bag o' fun. 
(bottles for stool samples)
Yes- we are back to looking for pesky parasites.
Let me make myself clear- I'm not looking for them- the lab is.
 Thank heavens for that.


In other news: The first most beautiful child in the world started Joy School.
Oh how I miss him!

-what a week-
my instagram name
pjmesser





4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

So many things to say!
It's true, you do make THE BEST pizza and that 3 cheese garlic one sounds divine!
The porcupine siting is just crazy!
I can't wait to see dance pictures for Chloe.
Poor jack and poor you. I can't imagine your worry!
Love you so much.

Kim Sue said...

Fun stuff...the pizza, a porcupine, a dance, joy school. But not so much the worry with Jack. Praying for him! And you!

Jill said...

That pizza looks amazing! My poor family is seriously suffering because I don't enjoy cooking!

Poor Jack, I hope they get this figured out so he can feel good again.

michelle said...

What, a porcupine?!

I love the little individual pies.

Poor Jack! And poor worrying mama.