Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm so behind in the blog world...
I know we all are- but I am over the top busy- 
(and really tired of being so busy, but that is besides the point)

Last week was our sweet Laura's Birthday!!!
Oh how we ~LOVE LAURA~
She is the best- I mean it! The best daughter in law ever.
She is smart & cute & witty & sweet to all of us... she is driven, good to Brian, thoughtful, loyal. I love having her in our family.
So much- that I made these

Chocolate High Top Cupcakes
Chocolate cupcakes topped & filled with homemade marshmallow cream & dipped in ganache. 
Heaven help me - these were good!
At her combined family, surprise birthday party (hers & ours) we had a BBQ & I didn't take any pictures after the cupcake one. lame.


It was a busy week last week getting ready for the 4th year girl's camp hike. Even though Chloe is a 5th year (they didn't have a hike last year.) She had a 35lb. pack. She carried her own water & tent & food. She was so excited to go. She got her fishing licence & a new pole. Great times.


Camping girls


Father's day was a swing & a miss.. Chloe came home from camp- very sick.
She was miserable with a fever, body aches & plugged up ears.
I took her to instacare Sunday morning to find out~
She had a major ear & sinus infection. poor thing!
Hiking with all that going on?
-She is one tough cookie-


We did have a father's day BBQ- complete with Italian sodas, roasted peppers stuffed with pepper jack & wrapped in bacon, chicken & corn on the cob


and another DQ cake.
oh people
I feel like I could fall asleep & not wake up for a couple of days.
On goes life- it's a good one.

3 comments:

Johnna said...

YUM!

Laura said...

Just saw this! Thanks for the sweet words, I couldn't have asked for a better family!! Love you all so much.

michelle said...

I have wanted to make those cupcakes! With your endorsement, I'll have to move them up to the top of the list.