Wednesday, June 6, 2012

birthday dad

Brett's birthday was this weekend.
I kind of feel bad... it was such a crazy busy week that I really didn't prepare like I should have.
Good thing- Father's day is just around the corner.


He started out the day with a really special treat.
Jack works at the local small airport & asked his boss if he could work a day to pay for a trip up in a plane for his dad's birthday... so cool.(That reminds me- I really should post an update on the former missionary Jack. He's good- I will do that though.)
I had one request from Jack- let me be there when you tell him. 
I was there- and he was stunned- then really excited! 
Brett used to fly small planes & was working on his pilot's license, when we met. 
That was pretty much the end of that.


We celebrated Sunday twice
we had lunch with Brittany & Megan


then a BBQ that night when Brian & Laura could be here.


Besides the Birthday Boy- the star of the show- was this DQ Blizzard cake.
Ooey Gooey Caramel Brownie
oh boy was it good!




Happy Birthday Sweetheart
you are my world.

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a cool gift!

I love ice cream cake!

Tony said...

Happy birthday dad! That ice cream cake looks killer good! Meg

michelle said...

Very cool gift. I think dads are so hard to buy for, so that was some good thinking!