Saturday, March 10, 2012

oh no!

This week my sweet Megan-- you know my daughter who has given me two beautiful Grandsons-- had a kidney stone removed. blah. 
Then-- instead of feeling better, she started feeling worse.
 Worse & worse-- until Sunday night she was in the ER with a fever of 106!!
106!
She had a terrible kidney infection.
She was admitted. They had a heck of a time breaking the fever. It kept creeping back & up to 106 again. 
After some cultures they discovered that there was Ecoli in her kidney. The kind of Ecoli that is normally found in the human body-- but not belonging in the kidney.
three words...
 MOTHER FEAR OVERLOAD.
or is that four words?


It's hard being so far away for many reasons- but this one takes the prize for the #1 reason it is too hard being so far away. 
Megan spent four days in the hospital.
I am so thankful for Tony. So grateful she married the best guy ever- seriously I don't have to worry so much because I know Tony can handle anything. I am also so grateful for the Relief Society! WOO HOO those sweet ladies jumped right in with meals & helped with the boys- amazing.
What's a mother to do?
Well, I sent a package & prayed a lot.
 I wish I could do more.


presents for the boys


Cadbury eggs & gum for their trip out here in 3 weeks!
I'm so relieved she is home now with her guys.

 Now lets pray they get out here safe & no one is sick.
no big deal, right?

3 comments:

Jill said...

How scary!!! I'm so glad she's okay now and that Tony and the RS were there to fill in for you!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

So glad this week is over! Thank you for the package. We are loving it!

michelle said...

How awful!! I have had a kidney stone and it was one of the worst things of my life. I was in the hospital, too, and my mom and grandma called me from far away. Sometimes it stinks (even more than usual) to be so far away.

So glad Megan is better!