Sunday, March 4, 2012

I didn't mean to go so long without posting...

I've had so many great post ideas this week- but then I would run out of time.
My work schedule was different & it just threw me off.
So this post is just a little bit of everything.


What my phone looks like.
The wallpaper? A photo of Jack & Brian the night before Jack left for Brazil.


I made a delicious baked spaghetti that I found on Pinterest one night for dinner.
I've thought of making this before, it's really easy & there in melted cream cheese in the noodles. YUM


(my view walking into work)
Last week at Trolley Square they were filming a movie for ABC Family.
It's a Christmas movie. It was so strange to have Christmas decorations going up everywhere. Customers would come in & ask why they hadn't taken down the decorations yet. Um -- these are new. So weird, since Christmas was like... yesterday, wasn't it?


(my view of filming on my way out from work)
Does the blond girl look familiar?
It's Tori Spelling. 


It's so interesting to watch filming- the sound is all off. The dub the sound in later. 

  
There were loads of "extras" standing around & a Kraft Services truck. 
At work we were wondering if they would've let us slip in line for lunch?
Of course, we were too honest scared to try that! Ha- it was so slow at work with all the commotion- I don't know how other businesses did but it really slowed things down for us! sad


I made buttermilk biscuits & broccoli cheese soup for dinner-
 after we got 5" of snow.


It's been a snowy week!
On Dr. Seuss's birthday, a sweet 5 year old friend of Chloe's made her these "Lorax" inspired trees.


Chloe made two different compound butters to go with almond encrusted French toast for dinner Friday night. Oh boy.. so good.



(almond encrusted French Toast with honey pecan butter)

The highlight of the week was having Johnny come visit!
This is Johnny & I playing on the floor.
(I mopped this week- my least favorite household chore)


Isn't he cute!
He's starting to look like a kid, not a baby- wow. 
He was so much fun & made me even more excited to have the boys (Charlie & Joey) here soon!!
They will be here 5 days before jack gets home & for over a week after. 

Today: I went to sacrament meeting then off to work to teach a class on cooking with citrus. I made this & a few more things... it was so good. You should try this recipe while oranges are still in season. Can I say this week-- I am grateful for my job, that I love it. I am grateful for health insurance- we had several doctors appointments. I am grateful that Megan's kidney stone is out, yes she had a stone & now she is recovering- I wish I was there to help. I am thankful for my sweet heart! we got to meet for lunch one day. Good week.


3 comments:

Gail said...

It looks like you had a full and good week. Mopping is also my least favorite chore and on unfortunatley on my to-do list for today.

That looks like a great salad. I will have to try it since I now live in the land of avacados and oranges. We are right in the middle of avacado and orange farms.

Chloe's breads look wonderful! Blair is really missing her.

Have a great monday.

Little Megs said...

You've gotta stop with the cooking posts. I want to come over for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day!

Jill said...

Those biscuits look amazing! I was going to make muffins this morning, but I think I'll make biscuits instead!