Monday, June 13, 2011

a quilt for laura- well & brian too!

Over a month ago...

My friends & I were going to throw a shower for Laura. I started this little quilt for her. Then, the shower had to be postponed & the quilt went to the bottom of my very busy list.Last week

I finished it!


It's very basic- just the way I like it. It is made from Moda's Central Park line & some Kona Solid.

I love the way it turned out. I really wanted to feature the fabric. When I saw this fabric it screamed --- LAURA--- to me & I knew I had to make something with it.


I know I make a lot of simple square quilts... but really I'm still just a beginner.



I love this quilt & I love Laura.

She is the perfect addition to our family.


8 comments:

Jill said...

I adore your simple square quilts!!

michelle said...

I love it! I have made some intricate quilts, but whenever I see ones with simple piecing, I am totally drawn to them. You have inspired me to make a baby quilt with simple rectangles and a white background.

4 flood gates said...

Hi- A few questions:

1. Are you still working at W & S?
2. If so, do you work on commision?
3. Do you recommend the Zoku?
I was about to order 2 Zokus & accessories, then have them shipped to Karen Johnson for 2 of my daughters birthdays. So, if you get commission & still work there, let me know!

Thanks! And I love square quilts. It's the only kind I've made myself.

Sherri in Sammamish

Holly said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously.

I think simple is sometimes the best--and less headache-y. I love the squares and the different patterns/colors of the material.

I still feel guilt for never finishing my quilt from the class I took in 2002.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man. You make amazing quilts. I love the patterns and colors and your eye for it all.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Oh I LOVE it! You're right, it does scream Laura to me. I bet she was so excited to get it.

Johnna said...

Beautiful....

Kim Sue said...

love it!