Tuesday, June 14, 2011

just t & me

Last week the girls left for 3 days & 2 nights. They went to Youth Conference (a retreat for youth 14-18 from our church congregation) up at Utah State University. They had the best time! They stayed in the dorms, went to classes, danced with boys (ooh, la, la) and ate Aggie Ice Cream. At home during the day it was... just T & me. This summer we've decided to have what Trent calls, "summer school." Summer school is an hour in the morning where we 1. have a prayer 2. talk about a value (last week was honesty) 3. work on writing skills (from a Costco work book) 4. do some math drills THEN 5. read together for 15-20 minutes. It's a big commitment from me... but he LOVES it. Well, he loved it last week (the first week- ha). This week he has recommended, "having pajama day -- or just plain taking a couple of days off." Umm- no way jose- he is the one who has been begging me to home school! (only because he has a friend who tells him it's easy) The fact is, he really needs the help so it's what we need to do. He is also going to a tutor 30 minutes a week.

Any hooooo
It was Trent & me.

Besides school, he took me this photo from his tree house. There were some baby robins living up there- so exciting! He couldn't quite see them so- hoping to see something- he stood on his tippy toes & held his camera over the nest & took this random shot. WA LA- awesome sight.
(p.s. we've been eating dinner at back & watching the mommy & daddy robin take worms to the nest, then last night we saw the teenage birdies fly away!!!)


We went on a field trip-- well, lunch at Mickey D's. Kind of a stretch, I know.



Friday we ran loads & loads of errands. Bought Father's day gifts, Laura's birthday present, post office, grocery store, bought a new sprinkler -- then hooray


took the car through the car wash!

I bet you wish you would have been here?



4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I'm sure the mornings can be hard but it sounds so great. I love that you talk about a value. You're a good mom!

Johnna said...

Yes you are an amazing mom and I can not believe all you get done in one day.....

Kim Sue said...

mmmm, I've been thinking for almost a month that we need to start summer school time at our house....just haven't gotten there yet!!

Jill said...

I always think I'm going to do some sort of summer school activity at home but then never do. I really want to make sure Whitney continues to excel with her times tables though because after working at the junior high I know her life will be easier if she knows them well.