Friday, November 26, 2010

thanksgiving 2010

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!
We were going to have 12 people here...
but because of the storm we ended up with 22.
It was super fun.
The two Brittanys & Marcus were here.
Brit just bought a NEW CAR the day before!!!
Isn't it a beauty!
(Allie's chicken salad)
We were so happy two of our favorite families joined us.
The Moores- Wende's family
And
The Starrs- Tiffany's family
Again- I don't have as many pictures as I would like...
I was too busy having fun.
The turkey looks awful-
but
it was seriously the. best. turkey. I have ever made!
I used the Williams Sonoma turkey brine & their cider-bourbon roasting glaze.
Oh my!
It was so moist & flavorful... mmm.

After dinner & visiting Rick Starr played us one of his favorite songs from his new CD- it's fantastic.

Hailey, Tiffany & Taylor also entertained us with songs.

It was such a great day.
Everyone brought food & helped in the kitchen.
It made it so much easier.
Rich & Wende brought Trent a surprise!
An old laptop that sometimes works- that they don't want anymore.
Trent was in HEAVEN- he even got the Internet up on it!
We have so much to be grateful for.
Family- Friends- Health- The Gospel!
still- I found myself really missing my missionary.
This is the second holiday having him gone.
The 4th of July was the first.
I thought about him all day.
I wonder if he remembered it was Thanksgiving?
***
How was your Thanksgiving?

9 comments:

Johnna said...

We had a great day. Too much food, but we were safe and warm from the storm. Thanks again for taking care of the Brittany's and Marcus.

We love you all....

Jill said...

It always seems like a party at your house! It's nice that you could accommodate the 10 extra people and have such a good time.

PaD said...

I'm happy you had a great Thanksgiving. I went to Rick Starr's site and listened to some samples of his CD. What a talent.

Dad's still eating left over turkey.

She Loves To Make said...

So glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving and LOTS of company! Love the table cloth :)

Kristy said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!!! Your turkey looks really yummy!!

Brit said...

That seriously was the best turkey! Thanks again for having us over. It was so much fun!!

Karolynn said...

Looks like an amazing Thanksgiving. We just stayed home and went to see a movie. It was great!

jakenapril said...

looks like another fabulous turkey to me! and sharing with family and friends is the best, isn't it? and may i also say that allie did a wonderful job on the chicken salad log. it is to.die.for! my mouth is watering already. :)

michelle said...

Whoa - 12 to 22?? Did you have enough food?