Tuesday, October 15, 2013

this summer


This past summer 
Trent was just itching to build something!
He decided it would be a house, fort- play house for the nephews- 
nearly every week it changed.
The folks at Home Depot were so awesome- truly!
Brett & Trent ran over there countless days for "supplies." 
When Brett mentioned Trent had Asperger's Syndrome & was building a fort all on his own, they offered him a discount. For the rest of the summer they could get boards from their -not so great- board pile for an excellent price. It was a great learning opportunity for Trent.
Now- fast forward to October & the fort is all taken apart & laying in a pile under the apple tree. Next spring they are going to draw up plans & build a tree house for Trent & all the grandsons. 
Trent is lucky- lucky we are patient & we haven't killed him by now. 
Lucky to have such a great dad.


We saw a couple of movies!
I have remembered how much I love to go to the movies.
For years we didn't go very often if ever- just too much going on with a little one with autism etc.


Hailey & her friend Ryan who have been dating almost a year now!


We saw Disney's Planes
and 
Despicable Me 2
and
The Way Way Back
I loved them all- but I am aware I am not a good movie judge since
 I just like any movie in the theater really...


When Chloe had home visits I tried to make her favorite food.


Like Buttermilk fried chicken!


This picture is of a fire we saw taking her back to the hospital one Sunday night.
A fire started up in the West- wild fires are so scary & devastating- but isn't this picture incredible?


(brett & chloe out to lunch on a day visit)

We had some super fun day visits & family therapy. 
Well, therapy wasn't always what you'd call fun, but it was good.


Here are Brett, Hailey & Chloe 
taking a tour on Segways- one of Chloe's bucket list items.


We ate a lot of peaches & ice cream.
One of my favorite things in late summer & in life in general-


and we had a new back patio poured



and steps put in.
Sadly our deck died. 
It was a good deck- but had to go.
The kind men who we hired to build our new patio & stairs were so nice to let Trent help them.
 It was an adventure.

 All in all it was kind of a tough summer.
But I am glad we had it. I look forward to next summer & hopefully a little family vacation? 
A girl can dream right?
I will acknowledge that God has never left us.
He doesn't leave us alone in our trials. He really doesn't.
It can certainly feel like it at times, oh I know that- 
But in the lowest moments - those moments when I don't feel like I can take it anymore, or hurt any deeper, He has lifted my burdens
and
I am grateful


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So...I have a confession to make...I sometimes blog stalk people and I'm happy to say I read yours. Thanks for updating me on your family. I have always loved spending time with you all. You guys are just so darn amazing!