Tuesday, October 8, 2013

a bbq, a miracle, and pie

Just before school started our congregation at church had a big BBQ & family party.


Chloe was home for the weekend & we all went together.
Nice.


After the BBQ there were loads of activities planned--
but a BIG RAIN STORM started up!
The committee over activities scrambled to change plans & set up Karaoke. 
From the microphone- the leader of the activity asked me to come up & start the music-
UM- what? Me? You talking to me?
 NO WAY JoSE
He was insistent- absolutely insistent.
then
a
miracle
happened.
The power went out.
Again- it was confirmed to me-
 that God loves me.
He completely & fully loves me.


The moved on to the pie eating contest instead.
Here are the 12-18 year olds competing. 








It was close


but Chloe won with Trent coming in a very close 2nd place.



3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Haha I would rather die than get karaoke started at a church party! That was a miracle!

melanie said...

A miracle indeed! And one that made me laugh out loud. Oh my!

1st and 2nd! Because you make those yummy pies, I"m sure of it.

Jill said...

I'm with you on that miracle, I would have been freaking out if I had to start things out!