Thursday, February 7, 2013

our first ice storm

Where Megan lives- Ice Storms are not uncommon.
But--- at our house-- They Are!
It's been a frigid winter & here is more proof


(up close-- ice covered car)

On this morning- Brett needed to be at the airport for a day trip to Vegas. I took him at about 5:45 AM. On my drive home from the airport-- about 6:15 AM- the ice storm hit. 
It was white knuckle driving, to say the least. The freeway speeds slowed to 30 MPH. Cars were off the road & I was just a little nervous. I MADE it home & then-- 
I was determined to pick up Chloe. 
She was to be discharged at 10:00.
 I didn't care if I had to crawl all the way to the University of Utah- I was picking her up & bringing her home! It only took me an extra 1/2 hour to get there. The ice wasn't as bad.



We got home alright-
but then I couldn't get the car up the ice covered driveway-
then we couldn't get ourselves up the ice covered driveway!!


Chloe finally decided to climb through the snow.
The soft snow was covered with crunchy ice. It was like creme brulee- that's what we called it.
A crunchy coating on the soft snow.

Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying for Chloe. 
And double thanks for those who have fasted & put her name into the temple.
Thanks for the good mail packages & cards. 
Thanks for the anonymous packages dropped on our door.
Everyone around us has been so kind & generous to our family.

Chloe has had an extreme increase in Tourettes tics which has increased her OCD & affected her mood & overall anxiety. She spent 10 days in a treatment program in the hospital. She is now in an out patient program & working with new meds & a lot of therapy. It's been a very emotional month for all of us. I can't even imagine how much for her!? Through it all she remains our sweet Chloe. I adore her. She is amazing. She has decided to beat this- and someday-- become a motivational speaker.
 If anyone can do it- she can!


3 comments:

Melinda said...

Chloe sounds absolutely amazing. I feel so bad for her but it sounds like she has a lot of determination and to become a speaker? That is awesome. Way to go.

I am so glad you have had such an outpouring of goodness. It is such a tender mercy to feel so much love from so many!

I love the creme brulee comment. That is so perfect!

Beth said...

So good to see Chloe! We have just been praying and thinking of her constantly!! Glad she is home. I know her journey will not be easy, but she is so determined and sweet the killer combo. Super neat she wants to share it, she is so amazing and would be perfect to motivate and inspire hope to others!!
Sending all our love and hugs!!!!

Tracy said...

Aww God Love Her. Your children are so giving! I have been reading your blog for a while and I'm so happy to hear stories about missions, taking a boy to the dance who may not been able to go, even bbying snacks for kids at school :). And God Bless you for parenting, guiding and raising such wonderful children. They didn't get this way with out love and support!