Saturday, February 9, 2013

a shower for 2

Two weeks ago
Laura had a baby shower-- well a babies shower.


(DOES SHE LOOK AMAZING OR WHAT?! I can't believe there are two?!)

That's right!
TWO BABY BOYS
are 
ALMOST HERE!


 the Lovely Johnson ladies were there
-Ella, Caroline, Lily, Karen, Larkin-


Wende, Lisa, Lauri, & Kristy


The shower was at Laura's parents house
and her sweet mom made the most delicious rolls!
All of my sweet friends made salads & they were fantastic.
I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the food?
probably because my mind was on these
the dessert-


Cupcakes!!
Have I told you how excited I am that these babies are coming?
Probably not, because I have been in denial- trying not to think too much about it. 
I hate waiting... BUT NOW I CAN BE EXCITED BECAUSE
LAURA IS SCHEDULED FOR A C-SECTION ON FEBRUARY 12!!!
THIS COMING TUESDAY!
(c- section because they are breach)
She is 37 weeks along & 38 weeks is full term for twins.
The last time they were measured (over 2 weeks ago) they were each over 5 lb.
We are talking- she is going to have these babies full term & she is going to be able to bring them home.
 Oh Heavenly Day In the Universe
Good news in an otherwise cold & dreary winter.
My boy- and his sweet wife-
are having babies. What could be better than that?


I just have to tell you- Laura has been absolutely amazing through this. She is so miserable & never complains. She is one tough cookie & she is going to be the best mom to these little boys. They are so lucky- we are so lucky.

3 comments:

Tony said...

The cupcakes turned out awesome. I'm so glad I got to be there. I can't wait to see pictures of the boys!

Jill said...

Wow, I can't believe they're coming this week already!!

Beth said...

Oh how super exciting! It's almost time, and their almost here!! Love you and will you all in our prayers tomorrow!!!!!
Send pics as soon as it's appropriate :)
We love Brian and Laura, so excited for them!!
Hugs, Jim and Beth