Wednesday, December 5, 2012

thanksgiving in pictures 2012

I woke up on Thanksgiving day a little early to get the turkey going and--
asleep on the couch was my son Jack.
A flood of emotions came over me.
It was less than a year ago - when he came home from Brasil.
He has been so sick & slowly getting better.
Blessed- I felt & I FEEL blessed.
Blessed that he felt it was important enough to keep working while he was so very sick- he did keep working (I would have quit)- blessed that he is getting better. Happy- happy he is home. Well, in the same state anyway. He is rarely here but he is happy & doing well in school & working & having the time of his life at BYU- frankly I wouldn't have it any other way.
To be honest - I haven't always felt this way.
 (yes I was a little angry that he got sick, like that did any good?)
It's good to be on this side of this whole situation.
anyhow
THANKSGIVING WAS WONDERFUL









 (Johnny aka: world's best kiss thrower)






Probably my favorite part of Thanksgiving this year -- well one of many-- was this mural Ethan drew for me.  How fun & wonderful is this!?

Thanksgiving is becoming one of my favorite days of the whole year!
I hope yours was good too.


4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Thanksgiving looked wonderful! I love Ethan's picture! What a sweetheart.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, that pie with the whipped cream looks dreamy!

Beth said...

So good to see everyone, thank you for hosting and posting :)

Melinda said...

Your turkey is so beautiful! And those pies! You are an amazing cook!

I am so glad Jack is getting better!