Tuesday, July 14, 2015

a year off~

I took a YEAR off of blogging.
 A whole year. 
Why? 
It has been a long, hard, couple of years... or more than a couple.
Last year life in our home started to get better- then I started to fall apart.
 I started therapy, specifically with one of Chloe's therapists, (so that I wouldn't have to hash over her story & others- it's so hard to believe- that I didn't want to spend weeks working on just telling what happened to all of us.)
I went weekly, then bi-weekly, then once every three weeks.... I did that from August through December. I then decided to stop & see how I did. I did okay- had a few really rough spots- but I am good. I am really good for now. 
I am sad I quit blogging because a lot of GREAT things & hard things happened and are missed here. I am glad I quit blogging because for a while my attitude & outlook were a bit out of wack. It was good to get some help & take some time.
Now- 
The year is up & I have so much to catch up on!
1. My sweet mother in law passed away last November after a long battle with Alzheimer's. I was asked not to blog about it- in fear that she would read it. It was a long, sad journey.
2. In December Jack got married to the most darling girl named Dolly! Jack & Dolly- they sound like a couple from the 50's. She is so good for him & is helping him try to stay on top of his health issues. I feel a great sense of relief having her in our lives. I love her. In April he graduated from BYU.
3. Hailey went to Ecuador for 4 months to work in the same orphanage Megan worked in 9 years ago! She just got home last Saturday. It was a great adventure & definitely life changing.
4. My son Trent- he is growing! He is nearly taller than his dad, turns 16 in less than a month, and is learning to drive.... EEEK!
5. My grand sons! They are getting so big. They are absolute joy, happiness & have given me more joy than I even thought possible.
6. Chloe-- YES CHLOE- is engaged! She is getting married on August 15, 2015. So yes we are busy getting that ready. 

But- for today
I am back- and I hope after this year I am better version of myself.
I look forward to writing & catching up.
I love this blog & hope to publish it someday as my personal history. Even though - it's just one version of my history- (it's the sweetened less honest version, but there's still a lot here)
I hope this attempt to start up again is not a fail!


4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Happy Birthday Patsy! I hope you've had a great day.

I have so missed your blog. I've missed you. I wondered how you were doing and hoped everyone in your family was doing well. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale. Welcome back friend.

Ha! I always tell our kids (in regards to journaling), "History belongs to them that tell it!"

Don't forget to tell us about your 4th of July sometime. I hope it was a day that made you happy.

So glad you're back.

Tracy said...

Wow! I don't remember the last time I checked your blog, but was just thinking maybe you updated. So sorry to hear about your MIL. My Mother battled ALZ for ten years. I know what you went through.. I'm sorry.
Yay You for taking care of you! Thank you for updating us on your beautiful family! You have the kindest thoughtful children.
Always loved your blog! And glad your back!

Johnna said...

So glad that you are back!

Jill said...

I did a double take when I saw there was a post from you, so hooray! I have blogged substantially less and I'm sad about it too. There's so much good stuff going on and so much frustrating stuff too, so I'm happy for any post I manage to publish.

I hope life is getting easier for your family, you guys have had A LOT of tough stuff and it seems like you've come through it beautifully. You're wise to seek therapy yourself...I think we can all benefit from it.