Monday, July 20, 2015

mom messer


(This is one of the last good pictures we took of mom- here we are out to dinner for Chloe's graduation.)

My sweet mother in law Marilyn passed away last November just before Thanksgiving.
It had been a long hard battle for her with Alzheimer's.
Alzheimer's is a cruel disease.


(Windmills on our drive to Wyoming)

Because of the Thanksgiving holiday we didn't have her funeral until a couple weeks after. We wanted as many friends & family who could- to come. 
Brett & I were very blessed that all of our children & grandchildren could make it. 


Grandma Messer was their- long term babysitter- for any major event or occasion when Brett & I went out of town while they were growing up. She watched the kids several times for us & they have many, many memories of her & of her home. This is their line up of mailboxes - just down the lane from their house. 
It's such a beautiful sight- especially after a long drive.


It was December & we were really worried about the weather - but I'm sure she was up there making deals with the head weather man. The weather was perfect & everyone made it safely. 
She had a beautiful service.
Her kids spoke. Megan & Hailey sang.
She looked beautiful.

She was fiercely loyal & proud of her children & grandchildren.
I'm sure she was so happy to have these boys be her pallbearers. 









I don't even really have words.


(All six of my children.)

Six of her many grandchildren.
She was easy to love.
This picture is taken just a few steps away from her grave site. 
A nice view of the mountains. 
Deer visit often & frequently eat the flowers Grandpa leaves for her weekly & checks on daily. 
She is missed 
It's times like this that I am more than grateful for my knowledge that
 He Lives.
 Because of Jesus Christ and His Great Atonement.
 I will see her again- and it will be a joyous reunion.

No comments: