Wednesday, July 2, 2014

zoo days

It's no secret that if you know me...
You know I LOVE a trip to the zoo.
I have fond memories of walking to the The Woodland Park Zoo with my cousins- no adults- when I was a kid. Can you even believe that? In the winter (if I remember right?) the admission was free. We would wander around & one time we even got to feed the elephants peanuts by hand. It is a sweet memory for me. It's amazing how much the world has changed.


This year for the first time in over a decade- we bought a zoo pass again!
I am so excited about it.


When we first moved to Utah 18 years ago I bought a zoo pass & was so- very- disappointed.
We had a zoo pass when we lived in Washington & Denver-- great zoos.
Utah's Hogle Zoo was in deep need of improvements
GUESS WHAT?
They have done it--- it's so good now!
They have truly done a fantastic job with the remodel.
 It's been a long time coming & it is fantastic.
 I really mean that- and I am a tough zoo critic.


(first up-- a ride on the train of course- these boys were so excited)

Two weeks ago we met up with Megan & the boys & had the best time!
We had so much fun- later in the week after running errands in Salt Lake City- Chloe, Trent & I went again! Just to see some things we missed & go to the bird show. Loved it. It's so nice to have a pass & no pressure about seeing everything etc.




Most of the animals were out - they have improved the habitats so much it was great.


The carousel was an absolute joy.


Just look at this face!
He was beaming the whole time, loved it. 






There are fun little water areas & statues to climb on- 
we had a blast.



As we were getting ready to leave we spied the rhinoceroses eating just outside a little secret underground window. It was awesome.


I'm looking forward to going more this year.
It's a good thing.
It's a good year.

No comments: