Monday, June 23, 2014

Prom 2014

All the posts here lately seem to be focusing on Chloe- 
She has had a lot going on!
In April- late one night- there was a knock at the door.
No one was there but there were 15 bananas placed throughout the yard.


Each had a piece of paper with the word - banana- sticking out of it on a toothpick.
Until... there was an
orange.


Chloe was nervous & thrilled & excited!
We were all dying to know who this boy was.
we figured it out and...
It was the nicest boy who had gone to school with her since Kindergarten.
Truly- she was over- the- moon that he had asked her.
I'm talking Valedictorian, going to college on a full scholarship in California, super talented & nice...
Right now- if you have daughters- you know exactly how I felt at that moment.
I don't even know how to describe it.


(Brian is holding a pair of black glasses in his hand & they are up against his black pants.. ha! He is not flying the bird.)

When these four left for the Priesthood Session, Saturday night.
Chloe & I went shopping.


The Saturday before that- 
the girls & I were lucky enough to get tickets to the General Women's Meeting!
Live tickets!! It was a thrill to be there & with my girls. Megan was home with new baby Peter.
It was so great to be there- I kept thinking back over the past year & all my worries. 
I loved being there- shed lots of tears of gratitude.
And said many prayers of thanks.
 I am so grateful to be a woman- I am so thankful to be a mother.


A good friend of mine is a secretary for the agriculture department of the church and had some really good tickets - 25 rows back. I cannot tell you enough how good this was for me. I am so thankful for my church. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has seen me through so many tough times & I cannot express... 
well- another post for that.


So back to the story...
Chloe & I went shopping in the little downtown shops near our town.


AND FOUND A PROM DRESS!
JUST LIKE THAT- NO SWEAT- NO STRESS- JUST FOUND THE MOST PERFECT DRESS IN THE WORLD? IT'S UNHEARD OF-- 


(Prom hair & makeup practice day)

Again- if you have daughters- you know exactly how much of a miracle this whole event was... and she hadn't even been to the dance yet!

The dress:
It's a light blue 1950's vintage dress we found in a dress/antique boutique.
It was perfect! It's so Chloe & fit her like it was made for her.
How I wish we knew the story of this dress...
but for now we know- it had just arrived that day.


and we bought it!


The night of the dance-
Her date picked her up & she was as cool as a cucumber.
The first thing he said when he saw her was-
You look Amazing
OH MY GOSH
My heart melted- what a nice guy. 
I was so happy for Chloe.
This was the perfect way to end the year.
It was like she had a real Cinderella ending. It was fantastic.
Like - good things happen to nice girls fantastic-
You know?
If you have daughters- or even if you don't
I think you will get it.
Not that Chloe isn't a nice girl... not that she didn't deserve to have a great prom date... it's just in real life we don't always get what we need or even deserve.
Enjoy the rest of these pictures.














They had a great time-
It's all I can do not to hug that kid & tell his mother that she raised such a great son.
I will- I will do both. 
I just can't yet- not without bawling like a crazy stalker lady.
I don't want to scare them....
I'll let you know when it happens.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a great prom story! I love that dress so much and think she looks amazing in it!