Tuesday, December 10, 2013

thanksgiving 2013


We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving this year.
It was the first time I can remember
in a long time....
We had all of our children home.
Now that is something grand to be thankful for!


Biggest bird I've ever roasted- 26lbs.


I got almost no pictures....
OH THE HUMANITY!
I need a designated photographer in the family!! 



My nieces Aimee, Brittany & nephew Marcus & their families were here.


And our lovely friends the Moores.


Frankly- I was ticked off  for a wee bit of the day
because this turkey right here was over cooked & dry.
Hell bells - I teach how to cook turkeys!
I KNOW HOW TO MAKE AN INCREDIBLE MOIST TURKEY
But I got distracted & over cooked it by----- a lot.
oh well- that's what gravy is for, right Wende?


There is always Christmas-
I have another (14 pounder this time)
in the freezer.


(charlie keeping the twins happy- rocking them before they headed to the car)

It was such a joy to have a house full of family & to be so comfortable at home.
I feel so blessed to have learned so much this past year.
(Hey- not that I ever want one of my children to go through something this hard ever again) 
Truly it is a good life & we are a strong family.

My favorite things I don't want to forget this year about Thanksgiving:
*Joey falling asleep on Chloe's lap.
*Having Cole categorize me as a Pig- It's a long story, but Pig is a compliment.
*All the amazing pies!
*Delegating everything out so that I wasn't too busy- smart!
*Brett always helping me with the brining of the turkey - he's got skills
*painting nails afterward with Allie
*It was a warm day & the kids got to walk over & play at the park.
*having 3 babies here in high chairs!
*having Megan home- it's been so long
*watching Home Alone- our yearly tradition with Wende & Allie- the only two who stayed for it.
*Not having to work Black Friday
*the teens playing games in the basement
*Tony helping me make the mashed potatoes! HE's a keeper!!
*happy everyone is mostly healthy- not out of the country- not out of the state- and not in the hospital.





2 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

It was a great thanksgiving! One of my favorite parts was the appetizers :) haven't done that for years! And seriously, wende's sweet potatoes?! I savored a tiny bowl of them everyday for almost a week afterwards haha.
Love ya!

Jill said...

How wonderful to have everyone together and safe! I'm so happy for your family.