Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas season 2013

This year for me-
Christmas meant extra hours at work.
Which frankly I was very grateful for.
Still- I have deep regrets for not getting my education. 
My constant lecture to my two sweet girls at home: get an education!
Education is power- it's freedom.
Freedom to choose what you want to do with your time.
Don't get me wrong- I LOVE my job- I really do!
I just don't love the pay- and I am not free to choose what I would like to do.
I know there are always exceptions, etc. But the facts are the facts & women need an education.
Apologies to my dear parents who offered it to me and... I didn't take the opportunity.
now I am old with too much responsibility to go back to school - women need something to fall back on- I wish I had more legitimate skills.
end of the lecture- feel free to move on


I set up a hot cocoa bar- thank you pinterest-
just after Thanksgiving.
It's so pretty under the microwave I think I will leave it up all winter.
I honestly don't drink hot cocoa- don't like it- but the kids do and I love this display.


I love our Christmas tree- I love that Chloe & Trent put most of the decorations on with Jack, Cory & Hailey. It was so much fun & I didn't take pictures of people putting on the decorations... oh my goodness. 


At work we started a Cooking With Kids series & it has been VERY successful.
I have been teaching it once a month on Saturday mornings- corporate had this big idea to do the same thing every Saturday in November- so we jumped on board of course. It was really fun. Then in December we decorated cookies & gingerbread houses. We have a pretty good following now. I gotta say- it's so fun when the kids run up & hug me. My own at home Cooking with Kids classes start up again next week. I have a full - cooking with kids schedule! I'm always looking for ideas for things- parents want kids to know- so feel free to comment with suggestions.


The down side- I am always wishing I was at home doing this with my own kids & grand kids...
I just can't seem to find balance right now.




I love snow in winter.
It's been so pretty here!
Our chickens our surviving since Brett digs them out & makes them a walk way. 
They are down to only producing one egg a day- one egg between the two of them?
Don't really know why & I haven't made it a priority to figure it out.


We continue on with medical tests AKA: waste of money- no one knows what to do for him-- for Jack. warning: DO NOT SEND ME SUGGESTIONS.
 I am up to my throat and about to drown in them-
thank you very much.
 We are working it out- not really- but we are trying- do not send me your ideas or give my number anonymously to anyone. Sorry but really- it's that bad. I don't want to know what super healing power you got from eating chicken soup or oil pulling. I hope all those things are successful for you -I really do- and I am not opposed to nontraditional medical ideas- I am opposed to getting them from people at this point. Truthfully- I swear- SWEAR - I've heard it all.


Jack & I on this day went in for a hydrogen breath test & MRI for his migraines. 
He is on leave from work & misses classes on a regular basis now. Thank goodness for understanding & wonderful professors. AND- it's not that bad because he got all A's
ALL A'S ON HIS FINALS!!
this kid- gotta love him- or be amazed
What I do love to hear from people- is that they are praying for him & for us to figure it out.
I know that prayer will probably be the key to this. 
Grateful for a loving Heavenly Father & for this Christmas Season.
More on Christmas to come.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Patsy, I just love you :) Just wanted you to know that you're amazing.