Sunday, November 24, 2013

adventures of a not-so-common fellow

Jack!

Oh my son Jack-- 
He is quite the adventurer, as you should know if you are a regular reader here.
The week before last, he took on another adventure and had his first 
Endoscopy
aka: Colonoscopy
This Kid Knows How To Party!


(Jack as he started his "colon prep." By the way- he will not be drinking blue gatorade again)

Jack has had severe gastrointestinal problems since 6 months into his mission.
We didn't know...
Didn't know he was going to the poorest state - in the poorest section of Brazil.
Brazil- where the sewage runs free. 
Heaven knows I was better off not knowing.
He certainly didn't tell me.
 Neither did his mission presidents.... no comment here on that.
I guess Jack is right, what were they going to say? 


 This guy is no stranger to the hospital-
and let me just say
AMERICAN HOSPITALS
I love you
I love your doctors & especially your nurses.
I love your hospital gowns & clean pillows.
Your machines that tick away working diligently. 
I love your mostly private rooms- and clean blue gloves.
I know you are not perfect... but oh the difference. 
If we knew what other countries know-
we would pray with thanks to the All Mighty God for what we have!


Jack writes all about his Brazilian hospital adventures & much, Much more in his new blog:

check it out
Let me know if you do & what you think?

2 comments:

PaD said...

Thanks Patsy for pointing this blog of Jack's out. He is very good with writing his thoughts and is a special person. It shows in his words. I am thankful this Thanksgiving for such wonderful Children and grandchildren and great grand children. May God bless us all. Good health to all in the coming years. May we each find our answers. Mom

michelle said...

Oh man. Poor Jack! Poor you! Oh those missionaries who protect their mothers from the scary truth.