Sunday, January 13, 2013

snow day 2013

Last Friday will go down in history in this family.
It was the first ever
"snow day."
We have lived in Utah for nearly 17 years & we've seen a lot of snow.
But never once have we seen a snow day.
Thursday night as Trent was getting ready for bed he kept asking me- do you think they will cancel school? Absolutely not-- was my reply. Just go to bed & forget about it.
 It Won't Happen.
Low & behold-
I was wrong!

 (this picture is before the next 4-6" fell)

Friday morning I woke up to an early text from the day's carpool driver-
 No School. Sleep In.
-nice-


I think our town officially got 22" in the storm- but our yard, which faces north still had old snow. On Friday morning we had 32" in the front yard. This is not in a pile either.


I could just imagine- every kid in the County shouting for joy!
Even my older kids called- Is it really a snow day?
Yep - a miracle occurred & a true snow day was called.


Brett still had to go into a work meeting- but I spent the day catching up on some cleaning (I was supposed to have week 2 of my cooking classes.) Trent- played outside off & on nearly all day.


It kept coming & coming.
Saturday morning as I was headed into work, Brett insisted on driving me. I thought he was nuts. They always have the freeway & main roads clear.



He was right & I was wrong!
It was a mess & I was so glad he drove me. 
I can drive in snow, but this was really bad.


Happy day- the inversion is gone, the snow has stopped, but continues to be beautiful.
The temperatures record cold. The low last night was 0.
But it was fun while it lasted- our first ever true snow day!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

We got dumped like you! Our kids already had the day off of school for last day of term but were disappointed that everyone got a snow day. We've had one snow day 2 years ago.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

So exciting and beautiful!

Jill said...

Wow that's a lot of snow!! I had been hoping for a snow day here too since the weather reports made it sound like it was going to be so crazy, but we only got a skiff on Friday. I was grumpy all day at work.