Thursday, January 17, 2013

brittany had a birthday!

 Last Sunday night we celebrated Brittany's birthday!
Woot Woot!!
(We are so lucky to have her so close)


I tried to recreate a similar cake Brett & I tried the day before...
*vanilla bean cake-- with white chocolate whipped cream frosting*
I added coconut because I tried & tired but couldn't get some tiny lumps out of my whipped cream--
 darned white chocolate. It was so good though!


I want to apologize right off the bat here for this picture above-
I realize Jack is the only one being flattered here- love you Jack.


There- that's better.


Chloe, Brian & Hailey-
Laura was home sick with a terrible cold--- 
which is just now- after a week or two -kinda, sorta, getting better.
Poor thing! She's 33 weeks & 2 days pregnant with twins & has had this terrible flu/cold.
It's just not right
(I sent her home a piece of cake)


It was so fun to have Johnny here- 
I'm always so busy I rarely get time to just hang out with Johnny.
He is such a cutie- maybe one of these days we will get to know each other better?


He is a BIG fan of his Aunt Brittany. 


We made -- truly had to MAKE Marcus-- blow out a candle too.
His birthday was last week.


It's been an emotional week here
Monday our sweet Chloe was admitted to the hospital.
She is switching medications right now to try to help the tics. 
I had mentioned before that the ticking had gotten severe.
It's been so hard for her - but she is a trooper!
I would have had to go into the hospital after a couple of hours -- literally!
She had been struggling for 5 weeks now. 
We had tried meds & other treatments conservatively but-
Enough was enough & she is being helped.
We are fasting for her this Sunday & welcome any who would like to join us.
We are missing her.
Really missing her.
But-- she is getting the help she needs & she likes it there for now. She is strong & she is doing really well. She cannot have general visitors, but we visit her everyday.
It's amazing how things happen in life.
How truly precious family is.
How people think other people have these perfect lives... everybody has something.
I love you Chloe- You are an angel & you will get better & all of Your dreams will come true.
I know it- I really do



4 comments:

Jill said...

The cake looks amazing Patsy, truly impressive!

I'm so sorry Chloe is in the hospital, but I really hope it helps get things under control!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Happy birthday Brittany and Marcus! That cake is beautiful! You always do such a great job. Haha I love that good picture of jack!
You are such a good mom. Chloe will get better!

Gail said...

give Chloe our love.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Thinking of all of you and hoping Chloe is doing better. I'm excited for you to all be together next week.