Friday, June 23, 2017

writing is good for the soul

back to the blogging


Nearly 2 years ago now- I told my therapist that I would start writing. I promised her on our last appointment that I write here at least once a week. So here I am starting today 2 + years later! I'm considering this as a win. Better late than never. I know I have some raw issues to work through and frankly don't want to write that stuff here- so it's going to be a balancing act.

so here goes:

1. I will be 50 years old in 22 days.
2. I now have 6 Grandsons and 1 Granddaughters!
3. Being a Grandmother is one of the biggest surprises of my life- I knew it would be good/fun but I didn't know how much I would feel needed.
4. Having adult children is harder than I ever imagined, because I am a recovering control freak.
5. My youngest child (I have 6 children) turns 18 - 3 weeks after my 50th birthday. It's not a good combination.
6. I am struggling to figure out what my role in life is now after nearly working myself out of my preferred profession of being the control freak- mom.
7. I come to this blog every. single. day. and read the few bloggers out there that I have followed for years.
8. I miss some of my old favorites terribly.
9. Somehow - they feel like family to me.
10. I am sad at how much of my life is missing here- I have such a great history started- then blew it by not keeping up! dang it! I'm going to try to keep going & even catch up a little.




3 comments:

Gail said...

I'm glad to see you are back at blogging. Love you and love your family. You are an inspiration to me, particularly since we are the same age, but I am a few years behind in stage of life. I really hope you keep writing.

Jill said...

Hooray for you coming back to blogging! I wish our little community would all get back into it because it was so therapeutic and such a great way to document our lives for all those years.

Moses Lake Temple Project said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, this felt so good to read your blog tonight. I am going to do better about blogging, too. I miss it and I have missed your posts. Thanks so much for writing.