Monday, February 24, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

 We celebrated Valentine's Day a bit early this year at our monthly family dinner.
I LOVE Valentine's Day
I made Manicotti for Brett when we were dating on Valentine's Day, so I always make that or some type of Italian dish. This year it was Lasagna & the whole family was together to enjoy it.


We are so thrilled that Aimee & Sean have moved back to Utah as of January so they will be here for our monthly family dinner too! We are so blessed- really.



Our other Valentine's Day tradition is to have Chocolate Fondue.
I'm not sure how this started- but let me tell you--
Don't ever underestimate the power of dessert.
Everyone was so excited about this. I was surprised how much the anticipation of the dessert permeated the group. I will not forget this anytime soon! I asked all the couples to bring something to dip into the fondue and they did NOT disappoint. Brian took this extra serious & googled fondue ideas. Nothing like googling to figure out what is up?!  


(Laura's plate)



(Brian's plate)
There was strawberries, bananas, donuts, rice crispy treats, cheesecake pieces, pretzels, twinkies... shoot I know I'm forgetting something. It was fun- and really good.



The kids got into it- Here is Charlie & Lola 
It's hard to get a picture of a kid who is serious about eating chocolate.


  

The twinners & a chocolate faced- Joey. 
I love how he kind of looks guilty in this picture.





On the real Valentine's Day
I woke up to find this in the kitchen:


It's been a rough 12 months to say the least but through it all-
we have each other. 



(we spent the next few days critiquing the chocolates)
Family & Chocolate Fondue

What else can you ask for?

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm always so impressed that you're so good at hosting and feeding such a house full!!

I like Laura's fondue style more than Brian's for sure.

I've been yearning for yellow tulips!

Beth said...

Ahhhh family!! Love all the pictures. Druling for fondue now, I tried to change our Christmas Eve tradition one year to fondue and your brother and nephew hated it! What???
I admit it was probably a mistake to top hoagies and root beer floats, but still. I thought everyone loved fondue!! Their just martians.