Wednesday, May 18, 2011

getting back to life

For the past few days it feels like I have had a wedding hangover. I've been so tired. I am just now starting to feel back to normal. I don't know why- I didn't have that much to do... considering how tired I've been? It's so good to start feeling back to normal.

Last Friday we were thrilled to go to our local Chalk Art Festival. Chloe's art class had projects & this one is hers- isn't it awesome!? I LOVE it.

Another favorite from her class is this one- it reminds me of the wedding.


The Chalk Art Festival was fantastic! Besides Chloe's art- Hailey was one of the street performers. So fun! After checking out the art- we went to dinner at an Indian food restaurant. I officially Love Indian food! YUM We had Chicken Tikka Masala & Naan- it was soo good. Even though- the art was GREAT- the music was GREat- the food was GREAt-- one of my favorite things about Friday was .....

it wasn't raining! We have had so much rain this year! Floods are coming. It is still raining & today it was even snowing for a bit. I hope our neighborhood makes it okay when the sun comes. I really hope it doesn't heat up too fast- it's scary considering how many towns across the nation are flooding.


So we are back to regular life & back to chores & errands & frankly all the things I love to do. I am working about 2-3 days a week. I have loaded the house back up with groceries, cooked dinner, sent a load of good mail & a package to Jack :)


How much is GAs at your house?


I can't wait for Sunday when the newlyweds come home from their honeymoon cruise! I hope they took lots of pictures.


3 comments:

Beth said...

Beautiful art!! LOVE IT!!
I love that Costco is your "norm" :)
It was so great to be a part of your special week!
We really missed Jack and Megan, but are so happy for them to be where they are in life right now. It just represents the good change that is supposed to happen.
The girls were sooo sweet to me, and helped me feel so included and loved. The minute we hit the road, the boys kept talking about how much they already missed Trent. We love you and your family, and it's so fun to keep up on your blog. Even if it just seems like your routine, it's so great to know what you are up to. I haven't gotten back to my norm yet, still in recovery mode.... so don't feel too bad, you are snapping back great!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I filled up at $4.05 yesterday and found myself coveting your $3.5+

Your bag is so pretty.

What a fun street fair.

You're right. The flooding is incredible.

Jill said...

Wow, those chalk paintings are gorgeous!

I'm glad you're starting to feel back to normal, weddings are exhausting.